Kodi on Onn Android Tv Device

Thanks in Advance. I purchased 3 Onn Android Tv Devices and would like to know what is the best Kodi Build to install on these devices? I tried diggz yesterday but it was a bit complicated to navigate. I want simple but useful if such a build exist. I folled the guide setting it up and expanding the storage. I used 64gig on one for now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kodi mega guide. Which has best builds rated by the community and troy.

@Craigb1000

Welcome to our community

4 Likes

I’d like to jump in and say builds aren’t for everyone. I followed one of Troy’s guides and found running a basic Kodi Matrix 19.4 with just a couple of addons works best for me. I don’t need a “pretty” build I just need something that works.

3 Likes

I am with Miki, no builds for me. Builds take up a lot of storage and resources.

4 Likes

Good Choice on picking up a Box vs a Stick. You have plenty of space for Builds without many storage constraints. I’ve been using Builds from the Grindhouse Group for years. Great Dev Team, Builds well maintained and Dead Addons replaced with working ones. Here’s how to install. Once you are in the wizard there are several to choose from:

1 Like

I agree with Miki.
I have been much happier with having two addons for streaming & Mad Titan for sports than I ever did using any build. Every build that I have tried has way too busy & confusing artwork which sucks up storage and features which I don’t use anyway. The only advantage that I see with a build is that the build will scrape multiple addons for your streams…but if you’re using a Debrid service that really doesn’t matter.
And after you go through the process of adding addons to Kodi a couple of times, it’s actually very easy to do so.

2 Likes

The Grinhouse build is one of the better ones though and as long as you don’t have tons of Apps it fits on the Firestick easily. Mark is the local expert on Grindhouse and if anyone does want a build on a Firestick you can’t go wrong with Grindhouse imho.

3 Likes

With you here! Keep it simple! You dont need bells and whistles. Too many addons will only frustrate you when they get temperamental (and they always do) leaving you looking for solutions and fixes. Spend time to find those you really want/need. Stick with them and you’ll be all good.

1 Like

Not sure if this advice was for me but if it was don’t worry about me, I have Troy’s basic Kodi 19.4 installed with only Mad Titan and the Open Wizard. I never use a build, but I sure appreciate your advice. Thanks.

1 Like

No! More for the original poster, I was agreeing with you. :grinning::+1:

Im gonna try one of my 4k max fire sticks with a couple of streaming addons - looking for recommendations. Also will add mad tititan and open wizard. Im also gonna try Grindhouse build on my Onn

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.