Issues with builds

First and foremost Thank you Troy for doing all this for so long.

Guess it’s time to ask my ?,is there something wrong with the builds? If tried every single one comes up unable to connect to server but I go to add on and presto everything’s fine, I had to reload everything whe the Xanax build quit working the other day so all I have now is Kodi 19.3 and the oath add on but builds won’t connect and the 2 that did wouldn’t install, and I checked all my settings 100’s of times to make sure everything was correct.

Thoughts or suggestions?

@RGC

That is uaslly a sign of a incorrect spelling of the pathway when you are trying to get access to the repo or a corrupted install file.

Xanax is no longer supported. Check all spelling of repos and check out my kodi mega guide it has the updated build repository.

Next thing you could do is remove your kodi install fresh and try a build again.

Kodi mega guide.

1 Like

I’ve spelled everything correctly not using the link in the pictures but the link information above pictures to the point a can pretty much recite them.

If you are wanting to use KODI Builds, I highly suggest taking a look at the Grindhouse Builds. I have been using them for several years and the team is diligent about maintaining quality builds with working addons. Installation instructions here:

There FB Group is very good as well and they quickly respond to any issues or requests you have

You know what people want with a build? I do…they want simple and not lotsa shiney things and water parks and rollercoaster rides and… they want simple main page interface. If some builder comes up with that they will be all the rage where the cool kids hang out…jus’ sayin’ :joy:

3 Likes

Exactlly TXRon, no glitter, fancy pictures and such. Just want an anemic build that gives me what I want, movies and TV shows. Nothing else. I think people go the builds because it’s easy to install. What they don’t realize is all the background stuff that goes on slowing everything down. I think if you have very fast download speeds, which I don’t, they probably work well. I have tried many over the years and they all worked ok, some don’t exist anymore. The builds come and go, the addons seem to stay. Notice how there are always articles on replacement builds for those, like Xanax, that aren’t supported anymore. Some people seem to think all this stuff will always be there and get disappointed when they disappear

1 Like

Yep the builds are great for non-techie types and techies that like to mod. Its the clutter that scares most people and they dont want to learn to be a programmer just watch a few episodes of Bonanza :rofl:

2 Likes

I started out with add ons, went to builds, always had problems with them. Went back to add ons. Seren, crew, and oath as backup. With rd, I have been happy😁

likewise I always keep a build installed with Troys fork set up with a few addons. If im in a hurry I go to Troys fork…killin’ time go to a build :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.