Is there a tutorial for using The Crew? Not installing it

Everything is installed and working! I would like to learn how to actually use The Crew efficiently.
I notice that sometimes there are no links for a certain episode of a particular show, normal??
Thanks

Hi @dianesalz
The short answer is no, no tutorial on how to use the Crew; at least none that I’m aware of.
So, perhaps what are you wanting to do once you click on the add-on?

My main question is that when I choose a movie or tv show episode and there are no links available why do they even list it? Should I just keep checking back?

@dianesalz
Do you use real-debrid?
If not, the free links that the Crew does pull often don’t work.
With real-debrid account you will get lots of playable links in 4k, 1080p, 720, etc.
In case you don’t have a real-debrid account, here is a tutorial that Troy put out:

Come back here and let us know how it’s going and with any questions you have.

3 Likes

How to use kodi link is there. It’s fairly simple.

3 Likes

Will Real-Debrid help with Cinema HD problems as well? It has a fee, right?

Well, here’s the thing about Cinemahd, while it is a free service, it has its problems, mostly having to do with spotty service. One minute it’s working, The next it’s not. Real-debrid will help in the sense of pulling links to play but not the add-on performance itself, which is the real problem.
With real-debrid using the Crew and/Seren add-ons there isn’t the performance problem.
Finally, yes real-debrid is a service that cost $. Last I checked it was about $3-$4 for 30 days.

1 Like

Will Real-Debrid have to be installed on both TV’s with separate accounts and pay twice? Also, the article says I should create a different email address. Why and is it safe to pay Real-Debrid with a credit card?
Thank you for all the effort you are making to help me.

No worries; happy to help, and good questions.
So the first question…. No, one account will work for both your TV’s so no need for signing up twice with 2 separate accounts nor for paying twice.
Your last couple of questions are related to the concern over privacy and the internet. If you are someone who is concerned about remaining private while on the Internet, then when signing up for services like this, yes a fake email address is a good idea. I can speak to my experience and maybe that will help.
I having been using real-debrid for about 3 years and I use one of two email accounts. I use a credit card that is linked to my bank. I have never experienced any problem remaining anonymous, nor stolen credentials. I will say this too, using a VPN will help securing your privacy while streaming online, and I can not strongly recommend it enough.
So if you decide to use real-debrid with an add-on such as the Crew, turn your VPN off when authorizing and linking it to the Crew add on, then reconnect to your VPN before streaming.

1 Like

Another option you can use, if you are concerned about exposure of your bank account info when paying for real-debrid is to use a gift card and/or re-loadable debit card

2 Likes

Thanks for this help.

2 Likes

I opened a real-debrid acct. I am using the Troypoint tutorial to install it on The Crew. When I get to the part about adding the code it doesn’t work. Says it may be expired but it doesn’t show expired on the screen. I have tried 5 times!! I did disconnect the IPVanish. HELP!!

@dianesalz

I don’t follow…

When you buy time from real debrid you see everyone in real debrids dashboard on your account…

When you integrate your account to the crew following the guide if you have time there shouldn’t be any expiry… go to your actual account on real debird and check everything.

2 Likes

my real-debrid account is working. I am logged in. Am I supposed to stay logged in while I am in Crew trying to add it?
When I get to step #6 in the tutorial, I get the code, then I use a different device per #7. When I enter the code, #8, it says that the code doesn’t work and that it is probably expired.
I can’t get past #8 on the instructions.

1 Like

Hi @dianesalz
That happens on occasion when you are first trying to integrate real-debrid into your add-on. It takes a time or two to get the hang of it, but you will quickly going forward.
So the way I taught myself to do this quickly was to have my phone close by and the web page Real-Debrid | Application Authorization
ready to input the code in the box.
I then, in the Crew add-on, clicked on Real-debrid tab, then moved the cursor to the right and scrolled down to (re)authorize real-debrid and clicked on that. Give it a second or two and message pops up informing you to go to the site (see above) on your phone or pc and input that code the Crew just gave you.
Once you input that code, wait a few seconds for the message real-debrid has been authorized. You can then close out the app on your phone and return to your tv and hit the back button a few times to get back to the Kodi Home Screen.
At that point you should be good to go.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I did exactly as you said and it worked! Now I just use crew as normal?

2 Likes

@dianesalz

Yes, watch your paid links now, my only advice is to keep an eye on your real debrid time.

2 Likes

I signed up for 90 days. Don’t I just have to watch for that amount of days?

The first show I tried, I went to the links and they go to a show in some European language! Should I just keep on trying each link until I find one in English or is there some way to sort the links into English only?

Hi @dianesalz
So, yes is the short answer; however the link description can help you decide.
If you see in the link description something that looks like: Rus-Ital-etc then just keep scrolling.