Is KODI worth it?

Have been a KODI user in the single digit release versions. However, I’ve uninstalled some time ago. With a subscription to a service, and the installation of the big 3 movie apks, is there a need for KODI ?
Just asking for your opinion.

2 Likes

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

Yup, crew seren are the best.

6 Likes

There are many ways to cord cut, and a myriad of different programs out there to help get you to basically the same end result. For VOD, you can get Syncler, Stremio, Cinema, etc, but some people still prefer Kodi and its addons. If you use Real Debrid, you are pulling a lot of the same premium links, and will have a good experience from any of those options. I’m not a huge fan of the Kodi UI, but some people feel that way about the other apps and love Kodi. If you are looking for free, non-premium stuff, I could argue Kodi isn’t really worth it, but some on the Insider have reported the free links aren’t that bad. All about preference, what device you are using and the experience you want to get out of cord cutting.

4 Likes

HELL YES!!!

image :rofl:

2 Likes

I eliminated Kodi about a year back. Don’t miss it and rather enjoy not having the hassle. I stream for hours a day and never miss a thing. TiViMate and Stremio are the main apps I use. I can’t speak for You Tube or Netflix or even Prime as I’ve never used any of them. Have fun and STREAM ON!!

4 Likes

Yes for me , especially for the Premier League and Champions League, and latest movies and TV shows,…

2 Likes

I still like kodi for tv shows and movies,my IPTV service has a lot of series, but I feel the picture quality is better on the Kodi add-ons I guess in the end it’s just a preference of what works for you and of course what is easiest, which I always look for

3 Likes

I like the ease of Stremio for TV Series and Movies, all ad free. Buferring is so rare that I’m shocked when it does happen.

3 Likes

I have to revisit stremio,I struggled with it when I tried it,maybe second time will be better

1 Like

I agree with @Miki . To me kodi is cool but it takes a lot of work to keep up with it where apps like stremio and syncler are less bothersome. I keep kodi now days on its own android box and every now and then I break it out and tune it up using the skeleton setup. It boils down to what you like and the kodi peeps put lots of hard work in to keep it rolling. To each his own :+1:

3 Likes

When you want to get it done there are many posts and articles about the easiest way to do it. Just search “Install Stremio” :mag: and have fun.

2 Likes

easiest stremio setup is on a pc, after that everything else is easy, log in and done.

1 Like

I am currently running Kodi 19.5 with surfshark vpn. I have a single premium app “seren” it is integrated with real debrid and I stream 1080 and 4k flawless. WooHoo…

4 Likes

Have cut the cord some time ago. Most versions of the firestick and have migrated to the Z11ProMax. The 3 apks you referred to are the same I use. When i did use Kodi, I also used a 3rd party skin.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Agree 100%
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I too tried stremio 2 or 3 times and just could not get the hang of it, I think I am too far embedded with kodi. I also like kodi because it is a good back-up for my iptv sports. Last week when RD when down I did not miss an episode with the free links on Kodi. Just saying.

Agree that some apks are not “plug n play”.
Some need configuration.
I suggest looking at the video tutorials available.
Its worth it.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

I think both are great for people however for me I do not like the UI of Streamio therefore I’m a diehard KODI user. Find the right Build/Addons and maintenance is very low. But as they say there’s a lot of ways to skin a cat and it all comes down to preference

2 Likes

people are always looking for a one click install such as cinemahd or redbox however these may work for awhile usually there is no active development wheras kodi and stremio are always being admin’d… A little elbow grease and stream city :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As they say “to each, their own”
Thanks for the feedback.