Is Kodi Worth It Anymore?

Nothing has had if you run an ad blocker

Are you talking about a couple movie TV apps that you pay for? Like Netflix? If so, you donā€™t understand the whole point of Kodi

Kodi isnā€™t slow at all. If yours is blame your terrible internet connection not Kodi

1 Like

Itā€™s actually mostly to do with your device. Fire sticks are slow.

1 Like

Agree Reese.

There is a downside to Kodi, and that IS the learning curve.
Iā€™ve been a Kodi user for about 4 years now, and Iā€™m still learning a new trick here and there.

AFA as ā€œslowā€, Iā€™ve found that occasionally clearing the data and reinstalling the repos and add-ons helpsā€¦I mean very occasionally.

2 Likes

been using firestick 4K sometime with no issues. kodi performs the same on my 4k and formuler as long as I keep kodi addons for the 4k to a minimum (2-3 addons) to allow plenty of free storage space. also have 2-3 iptv providers on tivimate using the same firestick.

2 Likes

That is a key with a cheapieā€¦just use an add-on or three and avoid builds.

1 Like

That would be a word of caution for a beginner that Kodi is not the kind of app that makes itself easy to learn. Any beginner should know that going in. Donā€™t know why I would have to be a patron to suggest Troypoint as a source for helping to learn Kodi. The person I thought I was responding to said they were just getting started with Kodi. No offense intended.

2 Likes

Iā€™m talking about free apps like BeeTV, Cinema HD etc. Not paid apps like Netflix. I understand Kodi perfectly; I donā€™t need it because I prefer the better reliability of paid-for IPTV for live streaming news and sports. However, for those not wanting to pay for IPTV, Kodi is the best alternative.

1 Like

Completely agree with you. No kodi.

I used to swear by Kodi. It was a PITA to set up. They should have had a college course that would last the full semester. Once it was set up, though, it worked pretty well, save a few buffering issues. Seriously though my Firestick now has Tivimate with 10 free playlists that give me all of the live TV I want and more than enough on demand TV and movies. As a backup app for on demand I have Cinema HD APK installed. I deleted Kodi from my Fire TV because of memory limitations. My Firestick has more memory so I still have it on there but I never use it anymore.

The thread that just wonā€™t die.

1 Like

I think it was better when the topic would close after 7 days. No reason to reopen or answer another topic just open a new one.

Seriously though. With no Mods how do these useless threads get closed out? There is zero value in a thread like this.

Itā€™s not that KODI itself isnā€™t anything but amazing, itā€™s keeping what we install into it update and maintained. I know I catch myself saying ā€œKODI sucksā€, but it isnā€™t that at all. I donā€™t use it often anymore, but when I did, it wasnā€™t KODI with issues, it was add ons or certain builds. I also agree, the thread wonā€™t die :zombie:

The author of this topic hasnā€™t even chimed in yet!

1 Like

Idk, you can look at it from either perspective. This will always be a topic of conversation even if this thread closes. Having multiple different threads on the same topic only makes it harder to search for answers (which is something we constantly criticize people for not doing). So I like that it stays open, even if a lot of newer comments donā€™t contribute anything meaningful.

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to start another thread on what I got to say, but itā€™s very hard to research this forum. I have better luck going on Google and the search takes me back to Troy point to the specific topic I want to research.

3 Likes

I noticed that too. Excellent point

1 Like

Iā€™ll third that. Iā€™ve done it too.

1 Like