Is Kodi Worth It Anymore?

If you are going to go the Addon route go into the Toolbox and download 20.2 and/or the Troypoint KODI Fork. I’ve been using The Crew and 9Lives for several months now. If you want to go the Build route, I don’t know if there is any one best build but I’ve been using The Grindhouse Group’s Builds for over 5 years now. The same Dev has been their the whole time and there are several Builds to choose in the Wizard. If there are any problems they are fixed quickly. If an Addon dies it get’s replaced with something else. They are well maintained and compatible with RD and Trakt. And if you are going to go with Builds seems like there have been lots of issues with Builds and Sticks. I have the ONN 4K Box and T95Z-Plus Boxes and Grindhouse has been on those T95Z dinosuars for well over 5 years . Oh and you don’t record in KODI it is VOD Shows/Movies - Commercial Free!

1 Like

diggz xenon works great unlinked has the 19.3 that still works well all set up

1 Like

No matter what gets posted, someone always complains or know better. I just quit reading posts from some people. I agree with you on KODI, but someone in this forum will get offended if it’s not what they like. :v:

2 Likes

Okay thanks, I got the crewunique installed but I haven’t worked with Kodi since I started working with stremio and my iptv. Like I said earlier I’m not going to spend any time experiment till the winter hits there’s nothing to do outside.

Thanks for looking out,
I need 20 characters

I’ll suggest no preset build. Look up Fentastic skin and Fen addon. Get a Realdebrid and Trakt account. All the info you need can likely be found right here on Troypoint. Just understand Kodi will not hold your hand or probably even make much sense at first. Feeling a bit lost is normal. You will soon find your way. Plenty of things are easier than Kodi. Few things are as good and nothing is better. You do kind of need to live in that world to get the most out of it

5 Likes

i use kodi with a few apps i need for back ups all others are stand alone apps it works for me its not kodi its the way its used that can be a problem

These are my questions!
As somebody that’s just starting out to use Kodi, what is the best build or add-ons to use. What works or doesn’t work? What’s the best skin to use. Does Kodi allow any type of recording of shows or programs.?
I’ve been using Kodi now for over a year and I don’t see anything in and my question that mandates somebody hold my hand. You haven’t even invested any money in Troypoint going to become a patron so why in the hell you talking about holding somebody’s hand?

I made the skeleton crew build if that helps. Real Debrid is necessary and Trakt is recommended. I made the build for beginners.

1 Like

Thanks Jayhawk. That’s probably all I need right now guys thanks for the help I just need to get started on a couple other things besides the crew that I have installed. I want to see if I can get Kodi speed up a little bit. Also TxRod a while back gave me a couple ideas for some experiments this winter also.

I like to watch movies. But as of lately it doesn’t work especially on the newer movies and shows

1 Like

Exactly. Kodi takes up too much memory, especially for any device with 8 Gbs of memory. I would recommend at least 32 gbs of memory and 3 gbs of RAM if you have to have Kodi. Many IPTV services offer a big selection of entertainment choices without the bloat and processing layers you are getting with Kodi. Kodi takes too long to boot up when loading compared with IPTV apps. I still have Kodi on my streaming device but only to periodically check and see if there are any new builds worth checking out.

Not true. I love how all the KODI haters basically say it sucks, but also say they are not maintaining or using it anymore. So much false information here.

3 Likes

To each his own. I used it on a firestick a few years back and the heavier builds would either freeze up or buffer. It works a bit better on a device with more RAM and internal memory but still takes too long to load for my taste with the heavier builds. I still have the newer Nexus version to try out newer Kodi builds but still waiting to find one that loads quickly and plays without freezing or buffering. If you like it, great.

1 Like

Well I would point out the fact that Kodi has been around with good results for a very long time and just like the ole energizer bunny is still going.
So I will close in saying how many others have this track tecord?

3 Likes

Dfarias, here is your answer,
IT IS WORTH IT
now hit the solved button and close this topic!!

4 Likes

hello Mark i love your reply and yes to me kodi is the best for backup… Movie anything u like to watch.

1 Like

You are correct with what you said.
I find it very relaxing learning how to download add-ons and find it easygoing. So Kode is worth having and is the best app ever.and RD is great to have. It’s not expensive and works well.

3 Likes

I used cinema for the longest time until finally investing time into learning how to install addons, debrid, trakt, and configurations for kodi (fen, crew, & seren). haven’t looked back or for anything else. Streams for movies / tv shows are really good. I use Iptv for live tv.

3 Likes

@Dukeweaver: Key words from your Post for all those who wish to be spoon-fed should take note of : …" investing time into learning how…" Great stuff and so true, thanks!

4 Likes