Is Kodi Worth It Anymore?

Is Kodi even worth it anymore? For me I watch everything through Fire TV stick or Fire TV. I use APK and Real debris. I feel like Kodi takes up to much space and all other complications like Buffering, running way to slow, needing to add Addons or Builds. Before APK and Fire Stick. Kodi was my go to on my laptop and connected it to my TV……but now I strictly stick to 2 main ApK’s that have been working consistently for a while….

So again “Is Kodi Worth It “?

6 Likes

If what you have is working for you then no I wouldn’t worry about using Kodi. I use it for some other functions as well as the crew addon. It’s worth it for me because I use it for functions an app doesn’t have. For me the answer is yes. For you the answer seems to be no.

6 Likes

That’s a personal choice, whatever works for you is right for you. Kodi is big and can be used fine on Sticks with daily maintenance. But if you use IPTV or apps it’s all up to you. :v:

5 Likes

One thing about kodi is it gives those who like to personalize their stuff a chance to do so. Yes it takes effort, but the reward is in the learning and gaining of knowledge, that can be applied to, not only kodi, but many other applications as well. Yes it can be challenging and some don’t like that, but ultimately it’s all about the rewards.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!

11 Likes

Kodi is a good backup, although with all the addons fading, it can be a chore to keep up. While the same can be said for the movie/TV apps, they are easier to replace and install.

Kodi does have one major advantage in mid-late 2023… NO OBNOXIOUS ADS!!!

12 Likes

I used to use Kodi as a backup. But now if I can’t get the movie or show on stremio I just don’t want it. Between my IPTV and stremio I get what I need. Just read the issues on this forum, what’s one app that most people have problems with.

4 Likes

Not all add-ons, in fact, few add-ons are fading.
As a former Firestick user, I do understand the space issues. But Kodi has proved for me to be more reliable over a longer period of time than all the other APKs that I’ve tried. The only other alternative that I’d consider is Stremio.

4 Likes

Haven’t used it in years and don’t miss it. Good OTA antenna, reliable IPTV and a couple of movie/TV apps is all you need today.

1 Like

Use what you want and works for you but comments like “with all the Addons fading” are not based on Fact. Why do we continue to have these “Is KODI worth it posts.” Geez I don’t like Streamio but I’m not going to bash it because I know people do. If you don’t want to use KODI don’t use it but please stop with the nonfactual posts. If space is your issue get a cheap ONN box. Seems like more and more people do not want to take the time to learn how to troubleshoot and therefore blame something that is nonfactual because it is not working for them. Okay Rant over!

14 Likes

I used Kodi many years ago and seem to have nothing but problems. I ent with a number of APKs but then had many issues. I went back to Kodi after “discovering” Real Debrid. Right now over the past year all I use is Kodi with an APK as a back up. I don’t use it on a daily basis as others and need to remind myself to re-authorize my RD once in awhile. I also found out not to turn off my android box. I know, it’s probably just voo doo but having it start up everytime I use it has caused some issues. Whatever works for you

1 Like

Well, in addition to addons going MIA with monotonous regularity, it’s also as sloooooow as molasses. It’s OK as a backup but it’s not 2010 anymore.

3 Likes

Yes at some point most Addons will die. Thankfully that doesn’t happen a lot . Been using The Crew and 9Lives for several months now. And if an addon dies the Dev of the Build I use promptly replaces it with a new one and/or I’ll have to spend a whole 5 minutes of my day replacing it :rofl:. I don’t know what slowness you are talking about but sounds like it’s an issue on your end

7 Likes

MarkxG, you got a point. I’ll do my best to stay off of the Kodi topics of question. I need to pause the statement for a minute so I can get some information on some projects I want to try this winter.

There are two things that are not true with this post:
-Addons going MIA with regularity. They don’t go down as regularly as Cinema, BeeTV, Film+ has over the years. And as you said…Kodi addons don’t pepper you with ads.
-Kodi is as slow as molasses.

Now what IS true about Kodi: The UI does require a fairly steep learning curve for the newbie. And some of the terminology used by Kodi can be confusing, along with it being somewhat of a snipe hunt to locate where to activate a debrid (confusing term) service and the Trakt service.
Generally speaking, I’ve found that using the Estuary skin (confusing term) with an addon gets me watching my content quicker than any of the builds that I’ve tried…

As I posted awhile back, if I was going to sell ‘jailbroken’ devices or had to remotely help a non-techie, I’d definitely set them up with Stremio, just for the superior UI. For my household, I prefer Kodi.

7 Likes

been using Kodi since i got my BuzzTV Box two years ago and it’s been AWESOME! i have ZERO issues with speed,space or add-ons NOT working! currently running Nexus 20.2 with the Diggz Xenon build and it is phenomenal for playing movies and shows. IMHO…firesticks and fire tv don’t have the space to use Kodi efficiently and that’s why i UPGRADED to a more powerful android box from BuzzTV. YES…KODI is absolutley worth it!

8 Likes

maybe it’s sloooooow becuase of the device your using it on?..I NEVER had a slowing down issue and add-ons are updated as soon as i boot Kodi up. hell…i don’t even clear the cache and it still boots right up and updates add-ons smoothly.

4 Likes

I’ve used Kodi for years and never had to question “is it worth it” as it’s never cost me the first penny! what it has done is provide me hours upon hours of entertainment. I regularly do maintenance on my devices thus no issues. Thanks Kodi, for years of enjoyment!

15 Likes

I have used Kodi for years and I always will. I have real debrid and that along with Kodi is a sure thing. The Dynasty add-on for example is one of the fastest add-ons I’ve ever used it’s amazing. Updates upon start up and my wizard clears the cache and old files right then. I don’t use builds so it runs really fast especially on my 3rd gen Fire Cube. I put work in my devices and it pays off big time. I also use Syncler and I have a good IPTV service. If you got Kodi now and it’s slow it’s not Kodi it’s your equipment. Kodi has improved drastically over the years and it’s better than ever. I had it on an old Xbox when they called it XBMC. Now that was the real slow Kodi days. But if you’re not using Real Debrid or something like it what are waiting on? It makes the experience so much better. That’s just my opinion.

12 Likes

Which skin is easier to use for a newbie crewnique or the Estuary skin?

As somebody that’s just starting out to use Kodi, what is the best build or add-ons to use. What works or doesn’t work? What’s the best skin to use. Does Kodi allow any type of recording of shows or programs.?

1 Like