Why is Kodi such a big topic?

Can anyone explain why I would want to install Kodi?

1 Like

I use it because the add ons work better than the stand alone apps. I can also stream my torrents I add to my real debrid account all in one place.

5 Likes

brofear-what-did-you-say

I 've used kodi with Seren and Fen addons and R.Debrid for approx. 3 yrs. on my fire cube. It has worked flawlesly in all this time with no buffering or any other problems.

5 Likes

I haven’t heard anything that seems to make it any better than what i have.
I’ll just stick with my Firestick and streaming apps.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Kodi is just another vehicle to get where you want to go. If paired with RD, it finds movies and shows similarly to the higher end streaming apks. Some add-ons require certain scrapers, etc, but the main difference in my eyes is the user interface. I prefer the streaming apps interface more, but also use Kodi to mess around and as a backup. A lot of people here apparently prefer that UI, and thats fine. We all get mostly the same movies in a slightly different way. Use what you like the most, not because the Kodi fans on here forced you to use it.

2 Likes

IDK, either.

There are advantages to Kodi, but there are a couple of real disadvantages.
That said, I prefer Kodi with a couple of good addons.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for over 6 years and it’s better now than it has ever been. I use Builds, Forks with 1-2 Addons, it’s all good. I’ve tried APK’s, Stremio, etc…, but I really prefer the UI and ease of use with KODI + Real Debrid + Trakt TV. To each his own but I love my setup

6 Likes

I haven’t used Kodi for years. No need for it. I can watch whatever I want now without it.

2 Likes

This is why I linked the other thread. Let’s not start the same damn conversation in two places… it never ends. This post was unnecessary.

3 Likes

we-are-closed-bye

It doesn’t need closed, just linked with the other thread. I know people with a negative opinion of Kodi get scolded in here, but it is a perfectly valid topic to speak about in a cord cutting forum.

2 Likes

Disagree! It’s mostly user error and bashing. I could do the same thing about Stremio and APK’s I actually hate because of their User Interface but it’s not constructive

2 Likes

used it for years. seren, fen, the crew.
I am a classic movie fan and start in the year 1935, and work my way up.
works for me.

The bigger question why wouldnt you…i use kodi everyday for movies, tv shows, and live sports…those complaing of buffering get better internet…

1 Like

i am sorry but i stopped using kodi years ago too many problems with diffrent sites shutting down too many updates i dont like kodi anymore just my opinions now you basically need kodi to use stremio addons why is stremio another kodi update guess you need kodi now wow

1 Like

I have had Stremio for years and use it daily. It has nothing to do with Kodi nor do any of the addons unless labeled official, of which there are only a bare minimum. If you’re referring to torrentio then that is a community addon in stremio and is in no way associated or endorsed by Stremio and to be used at your own risk and responsibility.

3 Likes

I’m back as a kodi believer this whole year. Right now I’m using One Flix build, nice lite n fast. Not had any issues. RD enabled ,use Seren primarily, nice n smooth. :ok_hand: So I’m sticking w/ what works ." Use what works cord- cut fam. " IF IT AIN’T BROKE DONT FIX IT !!

2 Likes

Does the one flix build on the search engine
utilize a voice text program?