IPVanish Up For Renewal

I’ve been an IPVanish subscriber for several years on a $60 for two years plan. Just received an email from IPVanish that I’m due for renewal in July at the new rate of $139.99 for two years. Ouch. I’ll have to do some comparison shopping. Not sure if any long term IPVanish customers have gotten better deals if calling and asking?

Hey @Randath I’ve read of some IPV subscribers getting a better deal by calling them up…try a search & see what comes up…otherwise…SurfShark is a great alternative…look up Troy’s review on it. :cowboy_hat_face:

Here’s one @Randath or, what TXRon says…

5 Likes

Whaytagottado is watch for speacials throughout the year, Christmas, Prime day, etc… and renew the subscription. I know with surfshark when I do they just add it on to my current sub and all is good :beers:

2 Likes

Thanks for the great information, everyone.

3 Likes

Thanks all. I did reach out to customer service and asked to extend. I’ll see what they say. Also looking into Surfshark.

4 Likes

Mine is coming due in July and I will absolutely contact Customer support as I did last year via chat even and easily negotiate a deal close to the ones being offered now. They won’t refuse as the competition is stiff out there.

5 Likes

Is there a free version of a VPN that some are using that works well?

1 Like

Cancel before it expires. You’ll still have the rest of your subscription time active. Then they will contact you to try to get you to stay. When you fill out the survey tell them you’re leaving because of the price. They will ask you what amount you’re looking to pay. I got 2 years for $50.

2 Likes

@Jayhawks659
Good idea; that was for IPVanish?

2 Likes

Yeah, I just did it a few weeks ago. And the same thing two years ago.

2 Likes

Free VPNs have limited servers, but the most reliable free one I tried was ProtonVPN. After using the free version for a month or so I bought a 2 yr sub. With IPV my speeds were around 40, with the Plus server sub in Proton my speeds were double that. Don’t know how they do it but they have some sort of “speed up” coding and if the server you are on drops below a certain threshold for speed you will be auto switched to a faster server. It also has ad and malware blocking built in. They also have Tor servers for the security conscious. Slower yes, but still good.

3 Likes

had same problem rang them asked why the increase and they put it back to the old price. no problems excellent service. give them a ring

2 Likes

Like my Grandfather said…A good salesman will do almost anything to keep you and your cash from walking out that door. :beers: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I called them and asked for the Troypoint deal for a year, and they offered me 2 years at $39 each year.
Done

1 Like

I must have forgotten to take a bath or brush my teeth, because after several years with them and my sub was running out they wouldn’t even consider or discuss a renewal at a reduced rate and I’d been paying around $115 cdn per year for years. Actually turned out better for me as I now have a VPN with more options and faster download speeds. So I actually owe IPV a message of gratitude.

2 Likes

Miki what VPN do you have ?

1 Like

So I reached out to IPV and they put me back on the same deal for 2 more years. As others said it never hurts to ask and rather than lose one they will give in. Thanks all.

3 Likes

@Randath

Glad you sorted it out. I have always contacted sales for deals, most are pretty good and most will help.

It probably depends who you get.

1 Like

Though I didn’t look for more than a couple of minutes, I didn’t see a phone number on their website. There is a chat available, but for the next several days that’s inconvenient for me.

Do you know IPV’s phone number?

So sorry to give false hope it was via chat I remember now. But very helpful and quick give it a try nothing to lose