Files
FireTV Player
Freevee
Prime Video
Screensaver

2 Likes

bottom line is no not so far :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ok just thought I would ask because these apps take up space and you don’t even use them

8 Likes

yes they do but you still should have a few gb for what you need only problems you may have is if you you a big build i use all stand alone apps and still have over 2gb of space left

Add a powered hub and then say a sandisc 128 GB USB drive.

2 Likes

that will do it :+1:

I got a usb flash drive connected but I don’t see an option to move anything to that usb flash drive

i think its been covered on here but @Miki will be the man to ask

There are tutorials on how to do it. Use the site search. You have to make sure it"s formatted correctly.
Search Is Your Friend...!
Here is an example to get you going.

3 Likes

How do I find them

click on magnifying glass on top corner and type in

Well I am not finding anything

type move apps to flash drive its all there

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

lol snap

Hahaha LOL.!! Try going to Google type in what you’re looking for and then put Troypoint in the search engine. I have better luck that way.

The Amazon apps can be “Force Stopped” so they aren’t running in the background. Helps increase data speed.

Simple step that takes two minutes.

Go to and click-on:
Amazon (starting page is where you want to be) > Click Settings (cogwheel on top-right side) > Click Applications > Click Manage Installed Applications

The Apps will appear in line.

1. Click Sort > Select “Alphabetically”
  2. Click your return button - It will show all apps page again
    You can view the cache used on the lower right side of the page. If the cache listed is greater than 500 kb, Click Down and Enter “Amazon Kids” - usually the first in line

Click Down and Enter “Clear Cache”
Click UP and Enter “Force Stop” the lettering will blink once.
Amazon Kids is complete

Click your return button
Click Down to the next App
Proceed as you did following step

Prior Message was a draft and mistakenly sent before completion - Please disregard the prior Reply

Here’s the Complete Reply:

Amazon Apps are permanent Apps affiliated with the Firestick and can’t be removed.

Amazon apps can be “Force Stopped” so they aren’t running in the background. Helps increase data speed.

Here are simple steps to minimize Amazon and other side-loaded app’s background activity that takes two minutes to complete.

Go to:
Amazon (starting page is where you want to be) > Click Settings (cogwheel on top-right side) > Click Applications > Click Manage Installed Applications

The Apps will appear in a vertical line.

1. Click Sort > Select “Alphabetically”
  2. Click your return button - It will show all apps page again with apps in alphabetical order
    When you scroll to any listed app you can view the app’s “Cache” (cache used) on the lower right side of the page. If the cache listed is greater than 500 kb, you want to clear your cache. If less, don’t worry…

A. Scroll Down and Enter “Amazon Kids” - usually the first in line
B. Scroll Down and Enter “Clear Cache”
You can see the cache reduction difference within the lower right-side data after clearing.
C. Scroll UP and Enter “Force Stop” - the lettering will blink once.
D. Click your return button

Amazon Kids is complete.

Click Down to the next App in line - there are usually 4 Amazon apps in a row
DON’T FORCE STOP THE APPS YOU WILL BE USING - JUST CLEAR THE CACHE ON THE APPS YOU USE

Proceed with each app as you did following steps A thru D

This quiets apps running in the background and enhances data speed.

1 Like

If you want to take it up a notch over your previous well written instructions, then on my 4K max I used a file explorer and on things like their music and kids apps I would actually go through the “uninstall” route. I wrote instructions on this a long long time ago and no longer use the Firesticks, but while you can’t actually uninstall them as they are protected modules, you can return each one to it’s “factory” settings which is a much smaller footprint, removing all the added data from updates. I use to do that about once a week. As mentioned this is an old topic and discussed in depth. If you use the site search you can find those threads, like the following>

TP Search!

3 Likes