I got USB 3 splitter and Ethernet to work on the new 2023 Onn 4K TV box

I couldn’t get my USB 3 splitters or ethernet working at first on my new 2023 Onn box but eventually I figured out how get them working. I noticed others were also having USB and dongle issues. This is what I did.

Turned off wifi. Got into developer options scrolled down to “select USB configuration” switched it from “charging” to “RNDS (USB Ethernet)” then went back and hit restart. When it powered back on with my OTG dongle connected with my USB 3 splitter with Ethernet I now I had an ethernet connection and my USB keyboard also worked. I know it’s slower but I’ve always found even at micro USB speeds Ethernet is a more solid and more reliable of a connection than a faster Wi-Fi connection on streamers. I had noticed a lot of people having trouble with USB. That’s what I did to get it working for me. In developer options at switchback to back to “charging” but after I restarted it back up several times now it is still working just fine. There’s a few other options under the USB setting in developer options to play with as well. Just remember anything you changed and developer options you may want to change it back so remember what you did. If nobody else had that issue maybe it was just a fluke for me. Good luck

4 Likes

If you make that change you can also use any USB thumb drive without any issues at least all the ones I have tried.

Odd but interesting that it worked AFTER you change USB mode option back to the original setting.
Someday in the future an interesting cause to your solution will make a great read. Congrats and thanks for the troubleshooting info.

7 posts were split to a new topic: FIOS ONT to ethernet splitter

With the fiber it comes into your house and then has a box called an Optical Network Terminal, that it terminates in and then that converts the signal and your Router/Modem plugs into that via an ethernet cable. The router will have several ethernet ports that you can plug cables into for devices or will have WiFi for you to log into. I suggest you do a search and start reading up on ONTs. This thread should help. So many ways to do this.
https://troypointinsider.com/t/verizon-ont-adding-ethernet-port/75834