How many apps do you use on a regular basis?

I was finally able to add a flash drive the Firestick 4k Max (not successful on the Firestick 4k, says only SD cards can be used…spent a week trying to work around that) and got some relief with storage. My Shield has 256gb storage so it’s not a problem but I still only use a few apps and I clear the cache daily.

1 Like

VPN, ad-blocker, Brave, Prime, HBO Max, Disney Plus, Pluto & Tune In.

2 Likes

sim_bill,

I tried installing your Sound Booster on my new Nvidia Shield Pro and it does not work with this device.

1 Like

Some Playstore apps don’t work well on the Shield or other Android TV o/s devices. I am not sure why. I use this volume booster on my Ugoos and BuzzTV devices, (stock android), with no problems. You might try a side load off ApkPure or other source if you can find one and see if that version works.

2 Likes

Sim_bill, Will do Thank You.

Does Malwarebytes work for you? iow… does it pick up anything after a scan? I didn’t think Androids would need that. thx

I assume you refer to ALL apps as that’s what uses storage. Without naming them all I probably have 20+ apps incl built in (Firestick) ones… I typically use 5 streaming apps. (Kodi, F+, Pluto, Tubi, IPTV)… others would be VPN, browser, file mgr, fast task killer, YouTube, etc etc… I still have over a gig free so it runs smooth for me. My 360 mbps helps too. :wink:
thanks for all you do… I do miss my TP but have found other means and ways until it comes back.

1 Like

I use it on my Samsung phones, tablets, chromebook, and Firesticks. Any apps found with malware/adware/spyware by Malwarebytes is instantly deleted by me. Used it for about 17-18 yrs.

2 Likes

Works for me love it and yes it works try it :+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes

IP Vanish, Cinema HD, Cyberflix, Amazon Prime, Netflix on my Firestick. Just deleted KODI 19.5, found I very rarely used it so reclaimed space on stick. Will probably download and checkout KODI 20 stable at some point.
Also have an AMIKO Box.

1 Like

Works on my Shields. Installed the app a few days ago.

2 Likes

I even made a shortcut so it can appear in my “Favorites” bar.

1 Like

I use Firestick for VPN, IPTVSmarters, & KODI. And still have to clear cache every other day. Everything else I use Roku.

2 Likes

I too use Roku for verified apps. Do you clear cache and reboot your Roku occasionally?

1 Like

I’ve never cleared my Roku cache but I do reboot it regularly or it gets laggish.

Clear Cache and reboot Roku
5-1-2-2
From the home screen, use remote to: Hit the home button 5 times quickly
Hit the up button 1 time
Hit the rewind button 2 times
Hit the fast forward button 2 times
In 10-15 seconds the process will start, your cache will be cleared and device reboots
Hope this is helpful

1 Like

Powerfader, Does the Booster work with a sound bar? Thanks.

Don’t know, don’t have a sound bar yet.

3 Likes

Windscribe, Fen, Asgard. Love the real debrid only apps. too. Don’t like complicated.

2 different KODI build FORKS with RealDebrid, no VPN needed. And sometimes access my Disney+ and Netflix accounts when away from home, (at my shop).