Fixing Buffering!

Hi! Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about buffering so forgive me if it’s not. I’m at the end of my tether trying to stop buffering on iptv. I have Firestick and Mecool k2 box. My WiFi download speed is over 100mbs. Use Smarters and TiviMate premium. Tried lots of info on YouTube but nothing seems to help!
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks :blush:

2 Likes

Hey @kapete Have you watched the Troypoint buffering vids…force closed apps & cleared all caches, cleared storage cache on your K2…rebooted it & your router? Your speeds look very good, so…if you’ve done all that & still keep getting lots of buffering…I’m gonna say it’s probably your iptv service. If you would, private message me who they are as I’ve tried lots of them & have a decent idea (at least in my humble opinion) which are most stable.

1 Like

get a VPN
this will help

1 Like

Buffering usually comes from inadequate download and upload speeds or signal strength from your Wi-Fi. Case in point: I consistently have very good wi-fi download and upload speeds in excess of 15 mbs upload and 50 mbs download using my vpn service. I clear my caches and clean my device memory every 2 days. I have no buffering whatsoever with these consistent download/upload speeds. I use Analiti and AIDA 64 apps to keep track of my wi-fi and device performance. 2 days ago, my internet provider had some temporary transmission problems and my speeds dropped to 25 mbs download and less than 5 mbs on the upload speeds regardless if I used the vpn or not. No one talks much about upload speeds but you can’t stream very well if it is under 10 mbs. Your speeds for streaming will never be better than your weakest link between your wi-fi, device, vpn and internet service. At a minimum, you should try to 1) get internet service with 200 mbs/25 mbs download/upload speeds, 2) a good wi-fi location for your device that gets a good or better signal strength from your wireless router, 3) a good wireless router with 3 bands and sufficient area coverage and signal strength for the size of your home, 4) android quality streaming device with at least 3 gb of RAM and 32 gbs of internal memory.

4 Likes

Hi thanks for you reply.
Not sure how to private message you! Can you tell me?
Kapete

Thank you, I will check out your suggestions. :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you. Have a vpn…iPvanish!

Adjust your buffering settings in Tivimate to a larger size.

3 Likes

As PF said, go into settings>playback>buffer size. That solved my constant TiViMate buffering issues. I played around and tested every setting and medium works best for me, yours will, of course, be different.

2 Likes

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Increasing your buffer size is a big help.

2 Likes

Thank you! Will try that :blush:

1 Like

Hi. Can you private message me which iptv service you think is the most stable? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

…not sure if you are using a router but sometimes changing the DNS servers can speed up the internet a bit and help with buffering. Its not just specific to routers I just find that an easy change to make to see if it helps. :+1:

3 Likes

I found when I went to ethernet and not wifi, it fixed my buffering problem.

1 Like

it certainly can if you have any sort of interference.

buying a 5G router solved my buffering issues,l had annoying buffering on 2.4G router,changed to 5G and and had all my devices switch to that band and no more buffering…ever…i’m so happy…even 4K works great w a great pix,this worked for me

That’s the very first thing I did was switch from 2.4 to 5. For me, the difference was a game changer. I’m lucky in that nobody in my building even knows about the 5Ghz band and I was able to choose a channel with no overlap from anyone.

2 Likes

watching 4K content now is awesome!!! 5G for me

2 Likes

Ok you guys; now you got me wondering. I have been using my streamlocator on my Nshield for quite awhile using wi-fi. I don’t get a lot of buffering, but I do get some. Either way, would you suggest using ethernet or sticking with wi-fi. While I am at it. Between wi-fi and ethernet, does one use more data than the other.

2 Likes

Ethernet always preferred…no more data.

4 Likes