FilmPlus ads since update

Since update to version 1.6.1 of FilmPlus, I’ve been getting ads at the beginning of all TV and movies on FilmPlus. I’m using IPVanish as my VPN.

1 Like

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

download add free version from unlinked

2 Likes

I’m using V1.5.5 with RD installed and on SS. I do not have any ads displaying and I just now checked 4 different movies ranging from new releases to obscure. They all populated multiple sources with and without RD.

If you are having issues with the updated one. Maybe try installing the V 1.5.5 and see how it compares and if you like it.

2 Likes

For sure, if you have Surfshark and ad-free enabled, it should save you from the adds. The thing I don’t like about Film+ is downloading their player to play any content. If this was my last option I would do it, but prefer to use an app that doesn’t require that.

3 Likes

same here np with that version works fine

2 Likes

The V 1.5.5 let’s choose either their built-in payer or you can choose an external player.

1 Like

Assuming I have to change that in settings first, so the pop up for their player doesn’t scare the bijeezus out of me?

Don’t know about that, but when I select a movie here’s the pop-up I get with using V 1.5.5. :point_down:

1 Like

So I have 1.6.1.

This is what I get after the screen that you posted above.

1 Like

I had their updated one too and it had the same issues you describe. So, I uninstalled the updated one and installed the V 1.5.5 and all is well.

2 Likes

I use vlc with Film + as well.

3 Likes

FYI…Unlinked repository…library code # 67664537 currently has an Ad Free (AF) version 1.6.0 that also works very well…if you are having trouble locating/downloading other versions mentioned.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think V 1.6.0 may be the last one that worked before they did their moronic updated version.

1 Like

I’m guessing someone just hasn’t gotten around to modding 1.6.1 ad free yet…maybe?

Maybe, but why wait. I would just uninstall the updated version and install an older version until they either fix the issue or someone mods the V 1.6.1

1 Like

Not sure how/when they mod all these apps…just looked at my 2 main Unlinked stores & 1 has Film+ 1.6.0…the other still has 1.5.8. Haven’t looked at any of my other app sources so no idea what version they’ve got.

2 Likes

I had an Amazon update and now my film +, and SD Maid Pro, won’t work. Got another SD Maid but none of the 4 mods I tried for Film + would work, or partly worked, also took out unlinked and the one in Troy’s Toolbox would not allow install of libraries. Very odd.

Holy cow…sounds like that update has some “anti-modding” code written into it…eh? If so…that’s a brand new one that might be discussed a bunch when everybody finds out. :astonished:

I get great success using the Send Anywhere app. In fact, I just used it to send the Spectrum TV app to my Nvidia from my tablet. I could download the Spectrum app to my phone or my tablet, but it was greyed out for downloading to my Nvidia.

Anyway, all I did was send the completed downloaded Spectrum app using Send Anywhere straight to my device and then installed via X-plore. The installed and loaded up fine. I did have to make a shortcut using TV App Repo so it would appear in my Favorites tab, but other than that it worked just fine.

So, Miki, maybe try that and see if that works for you?

1 Like