Cutting the cable

I have been wanting to eliminate Comcast but can’t find an alternative. My problem is that with cable, I can record many shows to watch later when I am not able to watch live. I’m spending $$$ on 2 houses and would like to be able record my shows (and my wife’s) but don’t know any alternatives. Thanks for suggestions.

Tom

3 Likes

@Tad331

Read some of our guides and use the search function to make the best decision as it’s been covered alot.

The hardware category has it covered to.

With vod style apps and kodi you wont need to record because you can watch what you want when you want and it’s always accessible. If you want iptv and to record shows you should check out Troy’s website and then check out the recording guides.

Storage space will be needed and 2+ connections for recording. I personally don’t recommend it, if all you want is access to movies and TV shows kodi syncler and stremio are your best options.

If you want live tv check out tivimate and troypoint website and unverified iptv. Lots of ways to save money here.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, I will check those suggestions.

Tom

2 Likes

TP has a tutorial on Plex

2 Likes

Depending on what you want to record and where you live cutting can be done in several ways. I bought an antenna and it picks up about 98 channels last time I checked. I use that in combo with a Tablo for recording. Then pick up an iptv service of your choice and that info is contained throughout this site. So many options … so little time :smiley:

3 Likes

We cannot discuss IPTV providers on here anymore, but TP does still have information on the website. Look for one that has EPG and m3u at the very least. Then watch the video I made about Tivimate.

4 Likes