Crypto payments and learning

The service I was interested in required either an array of btc options or use the Cash App to use a btc transfer.

Could you share the name of these services? DM if necessary. I would really appreciate it as I’m pretty clueless on the best options available. I did read the list on troypoint but there are so many options lol

Please keep iptv providers by name out of here please. You guys are awesome. I just wanted to help people with crypto here.

Dm or pm only for that unless patron in the right area.

Are you tracking major changes to the crypto market and Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)? Many believe it will begin before the end of this year. I would encourage everyone to research what’s happening in the World Economic Forum (WEF) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Likewise many believe ALL fiat currencies will become a thing of the past because of the amount of debt, inflation, and the fact that gold no longer backs the US dollar, which undergirds the world financial markets. It is widely recommended to move your cryptocurrency from every exchange to a cold storage wallet.

3 Likes

Ok my money was held for 8 days (transfer of funds from chequing to Coinbase), although they said 10 days?

I got an email today from Coinbase today my funds were finally available…

Following Troys suggestion I logged onto my IPTV provider and touched “copy amount” see screen shot.

. And I pasted it where the dollar sign was it it read: $0.0007794. Why does it say invalid value for the amount param? I also copied the segwit wallet address, but no matter if Coinbase doesn’t like the value which is invalid.

I have $250.00 in Coinbase (bitcoin). I am trying to pay $148.00

does it matter if the 2 amounts don’t match?
one is 0.00807794
and one is 0.0007794
I’ve been watching your experience as I’ve been curious.

1 Like

Good point @Miki I tried to handwrite it in, and it tells me the amount is too small. That’s part of what confuses me. I don’t know what a figure means in terms of US dollars? It is saying 0.00808892 is too small for bitcoin (which is what my provider wants). I put in the amount needed in US dollars ($159.99) and it says the selected account does not have enough funds to perform this transaction. Except that I do? So either the $250 I put in Coinbase can’t be accessed via bitcoin, or maybe I should wait one more day until tomorrow as the funds only just became available.

If I can’t resolve this by tomorrow, I’ll call the phone numbers someone posted.

oh and I think the amounts don’t match because the amount in the lower right corner is what I have available (~$250), and the amount I am trying to pay out is ($159.99).

BTW @Quincy thank you. That did allow me to finally see when my funds would be available.

1 Like

You have to hit the up/down arrows to switch to bitcoin if you are copy and pasting the bitcoin amount.

1 Like

Thank you @AMD237, I actually did. It opens on bitcoin. I hit the arrow to convert to US dollars and I hit it again to bitcoin, but still got the messages I mentioned. As if I don’t have enough money?

In the one picture you show above where it had BTC to the right, you had pasted into the $$$ selection. If you had fixed it and tried it again and didnt work, then im not sure why it wouldnt if the funds are available. It isnt more than your wallet.

You typed in $0.0007794 BTC, which was about $16. You missed it by a decimal and it was also 0.00808892 BTC, which is closer to $160.

1 Like

@AMD237 @Quincy Good info. I will try again tomorrow with this most helpful info. thank you!!!

1 Like

OMG!!! It WORKED!!! I need @Powerfader to add a happy, happy, joy, joy meme!

I switched the $ sign to dollar amount (from bitcoin amount) and it went through. Therefore, I was doing it correctly according to the pictures I cut and paste yesterday. Even though the money was just made available to send yesterday late afternoon, it did not actually work until this morning. 9 days from when I transferred over cash from my chequing account.

Had I simply waiting 10 days this might have gone smoother and I wouldn’t have scarred the p*s out of anyone watching in the wings to see if paying with bitcoin is worth it!

Thank you to everyone who wrote in to help on this topic, especially @TP-Dracoo for setting this topic up to begin with. To quote @Miki stream on!

5 Likes

Be careful what you wish for…
happy, Joy

2 Likes

Thank you for this post!

Bc crypto is already decentralized and anonymous and unregulated no one is getting around the ID part unless you know how to make a fake identity like the witness protection program you’re never getting around the ID part but maybe if the government regulates it in the future then maybe but otherwise not going to work. Unless you’re off the grid completely or a highly skilled network or cyber security expert no such thing as being anonymous and y’all haven’t heard about Google and Norton and last pass and a lot of these giant companies who are supposed to keep people info secure has had millions of customers ’ info hacked just recently if you don’t have at least a encryption key then your info that are in these companies’ cloud is fair game to all the hackers and hackers are winning big right now just Google the cyber crime rate since 2020 it’s crazy out here in these digital streets lol :rofl: LMAO :rofl:

So what’s your point.?

I’ve read & re-read both Troypoint’s Crypto primer, the posts in this thread & Coinbase’s beginner’s guide.

I have not really found a straight forward answer to this issue:
-The family’s CFO would have a sh%t-fit if I linked a debit card to any of our bank accounts.
-She wouldn’t complain if I linked a VISA credit card, but Coinbase will not accept either of the credit
cards that we currently permit ourselves to us for bitcoin.
-She also is OK with me depositing (investing?) $200 or so in cash into, say, bitcoin.

Straight forward answers please:
Would one of the prepaid VISA debit cards work, like you’d purchase at a Walmart checkout line?

Would a Google Pay gift card work, purchased with cash work? And how?

In other words, what is the easiest, most direct way of buying & using Bitcoin of using cash or a credit card?

Credit card, paypal or e trasnfer.

1 Like