Crypto payments and learning

So the History page info is directly from Coinbase. I used to use Coinbase Pro (Might have gone away) and was transferred to regular Coinbase since I havent used in a long time so this is a new interface to me. Just logged into my Coinbase account. I don’t see a history page either But if you go into “Trade” do you see any recent transactions?

If not there go into order Management and maybe it’s there. Again never heard of any 10 day hold with Coinbase.

When I clicked on “Send & Receive” I get the image shown here. In the bottom left corner of the opened box I saw BTC available…or someting like that with an “i” (info?) that I clicked on and it gave me the message when the BTC would be available to send.

I could “trade” the BTC within my coinbase account immediately… but for some reason not “send”.

Try that and see what it says.

@MarkxG & @Quincy thank you for the screen shots. I tried again today to pay for my IPTV on day 3 of depositing into coinbase. This time I received the following message. Does it mean I am locked out for trying 3 days in a row or does it mean my initial deposit is finally recognized and will be released in 24 hours? Does it mean it needs some ID? If the latter, I can’t see anyplace to add any addition ID. So I wait again this time for 24 hours to see if then I can “send” funds. I am following up on the website they provided for support.

I may have missed it, but have you asked Coinbase support what the heck is going on? I can promise you I haven’t had this much trouble since I started. I connected a debit card, so it may have been a quicker process, but still seems like something is not normal.

@AMD237 That was my first move. Anytime I tried to get help from coinbase, I am sent to links for templates of known issues. I cannot find a place to actually speak with someone. I’ll give it 24 hours and see if that makes the difference.

Dang, yea, it is frustrating to not get more help from customer service. I hope it starts working and then you never have any other problems. Just strange to me, as I did the 3 or 4 day wait thing initially and since then have used it many times without issue.

1 Like

Yes I too have no idea why you are having so many issues. I have no idea what that message means. Customer Service is virtually non existent in the Crypto World but I have found Coinbase to be one of the better ones. Although with the recent FTX Fiasco I’m sure they are bombarded with many more people opening up accounts. Most of the Crypto exchanges have bare bones support teams. It’s a double edge sword if they hire more support guess where a lot of those costs get passed on to? Yup higher Fees

1 Like

Well I am comforted in the fact that 3-4 day hold seems typical of most financial institutions (even though we all know that is bull*). The 4-day mark for me is not until this time tomorrow (24 hour holds).

The money is clearly there and so I wait. My IPTV doesn’t end until Dec. 16.

What you say @MarkxG above the FTX Fiasco makes perfect sense. There maybe additional safeguards now in place.

1 Like

i sgned up this summer and it was better than a week

I think “sending” is disabled for 24 hours. Probably some algorithm that automatically kicked in. I never tried to send any BTC when I saw the “info” message about when it would be available. Probably why I didn’t get a locked out for 24 hour message.

I would wait for tomorrow and find that “i” dot I mentioned in my previous post and see when the BTC will be available to “send”. Let us know tomorrow before you try sending your BTC.

Btw, after my 10 day wait, I was able to successfully make my payment yesterday. Just barely got it under the wire before my other IPTV service expired. Hopefully this was a one time PITA.

2 Likes

You are the poster child for patience! If anything, you have given me another reason to stay clear of BTC for the foreseeable future. lol

I really wanted this iptv service soooo bad. I actually tried a few times to do the BTC via Cash App but was routinely declined in all my attempts. I finally gave up and a patron on here turned me on to another quality iptv service that I could pay with PayPal.

So, I swallowed my pride and went ahead and opened an account. Everything went well and the time it took me to open an account, click send funds. The funds were in his hands, and he processed my codes in a couple of minutes and I was up and running binging on some good Syfy stuff all within about 5 minutes total!
Pat

2 Likes

That is sooo funny @Powerfader. I assure you my husband would contest vehemently that I had any patience at all!!!

Don’t know if you already tried this or not…but here’s some live chat #s :cowboy_hat_face:

https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/other/how-can-i-contact-coinbase-support

1 Like

@pangaeatech Cool! Thanks. If I can’t send money tomorrow morning after the 24-hour hold. I will try these numbers.

1 Like

Crypto is completely anonymous and decentralized transactions are untraceable that’s why the government is trying to regulate it so they can keep track of it like cash money. The ID is to make sure a random person can’t access your funds or impersonate you

1 Like

Spot on as a lot here are under the impression that because of all the info you need to give the exchanges that your identity could get compromised. Hogwash! The Blockchain transactions are totally anonymous. Why to you think Hackers that infiltrate companies, cities, etc… ask for the ransom to be paid in BTC? Why do you think all the Dark Web transactions for Drugs, guns, etc are in crypto? It’s because of the Blockchain Technology is untraceable. The exchanges actually have more security with asking for ID, 2FA, etc than traditional brokerage houses

5 Likes

yup and if you get scammed into paying for something and dont get it – oh well so be it

1 Like

What iptv did you want so bad and any reason? Ive has coinbase and coinbase pro for a while. Think they just switched me to coinbase after getting rid of pro.

As far as crypto I’ll list some ones I use and you guys can all try to see what works for you.

Coinbase
Coinbase Pro
Kraken
Changelly
Changelly Pro
Gemini
Voyager

I have used about all of these exchanges and plan on using Binance in the future. And I use exodus as my wallet. There are hardware wallets that are like usb devices but unless you have millions in crypto I find it unnecessary. Once you get the coins into your wallet it all becomes anonymous. Now if you are doing semi things like iptv you should be good. If you are doing extra illegal activities then I recommend doing more research as it can be traceable. I havent tried this myself as I dont truly need to be super anonymous but one method I’ve heard of is wasabi wallet which allows you to mix your crypto with a bunch of other people and the whole mixing makes it most definitely anonymous. Do some research as I probably didn’t explain it super correctly but thats the general gyst.

2 Likes

I tested out a premium service and really liked it, but they only do crypto. I am not that familiar with crypto and ran into a few obstacles. I am certain I could resolve the main issue with my bank declining the transaction, but I didn’t want to mess with it right now. I have just moved to a new state and will be setting up a local bank in my area sometime next month. So, I may revisit it after the holidays are over and try their process again.

Btw, I have since found a very good service that was super easy to pay and set up. So, I really have no sense of urgency at this moment. I have 4 services but will be cutting that down to 2 or maybe 3 services by the end of this month.

Thanks for your post and I will research more about crypto as I see the handwriting on the wall.

Oh, and btw, I do iptv but that is about as far on the dark side I tread. lol

i have coinbase ita not a favorite i understand that i can pay with paypal in bitcoin i havent yet done this but its something i will try next time i need crypto to pay