Crypto payments and learning

I use CashApp. Very easy

4 Likes

Paypal might be my answer.
Relatively recently, PP has added more crypto features that were not available when TP produced his video.

Coinbase will not accept either of our CCs. I don’t know if it’ll accept a prepaid debit card or not.

Cash App does appear to be easy, too like you said Mark…

Twenty Character Rule - Met!

With coinbase requiring id, bitcoin payments are not truly anonymous and can be tracked. Since prepaid cards are generally not acceoted by IPTV services are people just using their personal CCs?

Is there any way to truly make an anonymous payment?

Click below…

1 Like

Honestly, prepaid card is your best bet for that.

I get the Coinbase ID thing, but still think it is more secure than most. Prepaid is a great option too but kind of a pain to buy them lol. I just dont love using my regular credit cards and really not using my debit card that goes directly into my checking account.

My understanding is that bitcoin payment can be tracked. What makes you say its anonymous?

Nothing is 100% anonymous.

Abine Blur Review: Pay Anonymously Online and Secure Your Purchases (troypoint.com)

1 Like

Signed up for CASHAPP and it still requires you to scan your photo and photo ID to work to use Bitcoin for purchases. Not very anonymous. Fyi. It also takes a few days to do this verification. Will see if it works. Connected VENMO to CASH APP which did work.

Also CASH APP charges small fees at every step, which might be a standard. Think I ended up paying $5 in combined fees to buy Bitcoin and then use it to pay for something in Bitcoin.

I fully understand the want for complete anonymity, but is it really needed? The authorities would go after the providers not the end users…right? There are millions of us. Crypto seems way too complicated and it seems it’s not completely anonymous (need ID) anyway. I just use Paypal with a “reputable” provider and cross my fingers.

Why can’t we get a unique number from the provider and then mail cash including that unique number. They in turn would email us our logon credentials using a Proton email address. There would be some trust involved (isn’t there already?) and it would take ten days or so (but isn’t that what it takes for Bitcoin to clear?), but it would be completely anonymous. Providers would probably be very happy to get cash too.

The way I look at it, is anyone who is “trying” to be anonymous is well ahead of 90% of people out there. Since we cant get to 100%, just giving the effort, being smart and putting some safeguards in place at least helps.

1 Like

Perhaps the thinking being the authorities would go after the low hanging fruit first lol.

Although I can see investigators thinking they want to crack those users that think they are anonymous but are deluding themselves. Make an example for other “Texans”… And leave us yokels alone since we would be the first to cry, “I didn’t know”. If you have layers of encryption…then you know. And of course, this entire paragraph is in reference to figuring out Granny’s pastry cookbook and making sure others can’t.

Let’s be honest though. If you have unverified IPTV and these other “gray area” apks, etc, then you already “know”. Regardless of how you pay.

Depends on your lawyer lol. What’s this unverified IWP3 you are talking about? Didn’t see that in Granny’s pastry cookbook?

I just don’t think we have much to worry about. The quasi-authorities will be playing whack-a-mole with providers in perpetuity.

CASH APP decided to stop allowing me to purchase with Bitcoin. Their policy is you need a bank account linked and a debit card to that bank account linked. Weird. They let me use it once and shut Bitcoin purchases down.

Has anyone used PAYPAL or VENMO to make Bitcoin wallet purchases? Buying with Bitcoin is one big PIA.

When you pay with bitcoin from Coinbase, what information does the receiver see? Is it just the wallet address, or do they see your name as well?