Crypto payments and learning

What happened to the good ole’ days? I’m old enough to remember when TVs didn’t even have remotes! That was the main reason to have kids! So you could tell them to get up and change the channel!

2 Likes

coinbase has a quiz you can take and earn 17 dollers also it can take a week or so before funds are available

1 Like

Thank you @Davduck “a week for funds to be available”. That may well explain my current issue.

I set up an account. The amount I purchased shows up. I try to pay my IPTV the way Troy teaches in the video and no go.

First, my IPTV doesn’t like my VPN on??? Then I copied the amount over as Troy did and it reads: “Invalid value for amount param.”

I copy over the address and get: "The minimum amount you can send is 0.000010000???

I am not doing anything wrong. But perhaps there is a waiting period. I do recall reading something about that on this site. I will try again in a week.

Thanks @Quincy for explaining the conversion. Most helpful!

Even Paxful won’t let you give a fake address and phone number, though. So, yea they don’t ask for your ID for small transactions, but I’m not sure it matters if they have your ID or not, they have your name, address and phone number. To buy crypto, I think we just have to accept that it isn’t COMPLETELY anonymous, and justify it by realizing I would rather Coinbase know my information than an unverified IPTV supplier.

2 Likes

Being a new account with Coinbase, they have a 10 day hold on sending the BTC. Tomorrow is my 10th day. woohoo!

That minimum amount you can actually send now is your ever changing profit. I’m up $3 right now! Nothing to buy with $3 of crypto though.

AMD237 says the hold is probably for new account verification purposes… hopefully won’t be one the next time I send money from my bank.

3 Likes

$2 bucks more and you could get a street hooker in Nam. $5 dolla, love you long time! lol :rofl:

1 Like

Good to know if I end up needing a few extra BTC’s…or fraction of!

1 Like

I opened up an account a few weeks ago & didn’t have any notices of any holds…bought & sent to my iptv service a couple of days later.

1 Like

Bwaa ha ha ha ha! :money_mouth_face:
Bwaa ha ha ha ha!

I must not look very trustworthy with these crypto guys!

Not sure what the story is with any holds…even my online stock trading accounts are instant. Brokers used to have 3 day holds, depending on how they were funded.

1 Like

CashApp is instant - No holds. My Bank is linked. when I need to buy BTC I specify the amount I need and purchase it. Then I immediately send to my IPTV provider’s wallet.

4 Likes

Here is a good article comparing CashApp to Coinbase. Both of them are good.

Cash App vs. Coinbase: Which Is Right for You? | The Ascent by Motley Fool.

1 Like

Yup very familiar with Coinbase I used to trade crypto and used Coinbase Pro. If you are regularly trading/investing then Coinbase is a much more robust platform. If you only need to purchase and send BTC a few times a year CashApp the way to go IMO. It will cost a bit more in fees than Coinbase but it’s pretty negligible to me

1 Like

Shakepay seems to work, and you can use E-transfer for crypto. But you need Id… So anyone who is going to us ID to sign up coinbase/shakepay are good options.

I’d help people with crypto but its really not allowed here. I have 3 wallets, aha. So please do as much research as you can before making a crypto a choice. It’s not hard. Just can be confusing. You need to make sure your numbers are correct and exchange rates.

2 Likes

@Quincy, how did you learn about the 10-day hold? I tried to pay again (day 2) no luck.

I am just wondering why when I purchased the bitcoin wasn’t I told anywhere that there is a 10-day hold. Not when I opened the account nor when I transferred money?

I’ve been with Coinbase for a while (use CashApp now as I’m not trading BTC anymore) and never heard or experienced any 10 day hold? Typically ACH deposits linked to your Bank Account take 3-5 days to clear before you are able to send the funds elsewhere. In addition if you use a Debit Card not only is the BTC available right away you can use it to send out right away as well. That is what I do with CashApp. FYI this is right from Coinbase site.

@MarkxG Thank you.

I couldn’t use a debit card because my bank is Discover, therefore debit card discover. I had to use my chequing account and thankfully on 2nd try the purchase of bitcoin came through.

The amount transferred today from my Discover account to Coinbase. 10 days seems excessive in this day and age to hold my coinbase funds. I will keep trying daily until it goes through because there has to be some kind of hold. When declined they are suggesting I’m am attempting to transfer more than I have.

I won’t panic until I am 10 days out. BTW, when you say "the transaction shows as completed in history page. I did not see a history page,

and also

if you ask in coinbase support they will tell you when your fund be avaible — 3 times i have resupply my account it takes at least a week sometimes lomger