Crew and Seren not working with Kodi 19.3

I tried to update Kodi 18.6 to 19.3 with the assumption that Crew and Seren would work as usual. As it turns out both Crew and Seren now do not work, and all the favorites i have saved do not work as well. I saved a backup in 18.6, but cannot find where that was saved to. What do I need to do to get Crew and Seren backup and running as usual again? Thanks

1 Like

Make sure the Crew and Seren addons are the 19.3 compatible versions. Sounds like the versions you have installed are not the versions for 19.3.

2 Likes

IMO… it might be faster and simpler to do complete reinstall of the two add-ons, as both are compatible to v. 19.3

3 Likes

@Sbrowne126, Dminor9, Ok, thanks for responding. If you don’t mind me asking, how is a complete reinstall of the 2 addons to v.19.3 done? Thanks

So KODI 18 Leia addons only work on 18 and KODI 19 Matrix addons only work on 19. So any addons you are using will need to be installed again after you have upgraded to KODI 19. I use KODI Builds vs individual Addons and if you want to download a KODI 19 Build the Addons will already be included. Grindhouse Group is excellent and maintains their Builds very good. Most of the Addons have The Crew and The Oathe which are fantastic Addons. Not sure what you are getting in Seren that those 2 don’t offer but if you want to download one of the Grindhouse 19 Builds here are the instructions. Otherwise just google for KODI 19 Matrix install instructions for the Addons you are looking for

2 Likes

@hammer
To answer your question directly, yes.
So when you install Kodi to v19.3, here are are the guides by @TP-Dracoo to help you get going:

2 Likes

Hammer,
Simply go to apps on your device and clear data in the Kodi app. This will clear out the addons. Then re-install them making sure they are the version for Kodi 19.3. You can also just uninstall them within Kodi. Then re-install them using the proper version. I always found it simpler to just clear the data and reinstall.

1 Like

All if fine. Thanks to everyone who responded.

1 Like