Can’t get any addon to stream!

On 18.9 on my fire stick 4k, plenty of space, internet speed is good, real debrid account is current and authorized. Tried exodus, seren, crew, and none of them will work for me. All addons either won’t pull any RD sources, or the addon will crash as soon as a show starts. Seems like maybe I’m missing something big that all the addons use? Unfortunately I don’t know the first thing about logs either.

Hi @icrude
Welcome to the community.
First off check and make sure your Firestick has update (Amazon pushed out an update recently).
Check to make sure you have enough power going to your device (plug it directly into a wall outlet); check that your device isn’t over heating.
Having checked those force stop and clear cache application on the Firestick. Having done all of those and you still are having problems, you might need to uninstall, and reinstall again Kodi and pick only 1 or 2 add-ons to install.
Come back here and update us on how things are working or if you have more questions.

1 Like

Done all that. Had Matrix installed and these addons weren’t working so tonight I downgraded and am having the same problems.

@icrude
Sorry you’re still having trouble.
Try uninstalling and re-installing Kodi v.19.3 then install one of the add-ons and make sure it’s working, before adding another.
Come back here and let us know how’s it going.

2 Likes

I read that 19.3 breaks a lot of addons which is why I downgraded. You think the addons will work better in 19.3 vs 18.9?

1 Like

@icrude
I think so.
I’m currently running Kodi 19.3 with Seren and real debrid on my device and have no issues streaming.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it. Could the problem be with urlresolver / resolveurl? I’m not sure which one I’m supposed to have and isn’t that what grabs the sources? If that isn’t correct could that be the issue?

1 Like

@icrude
Yes, it could be.
So by clicking on it, you should be allowed to authorize it.

2 Likes

I cleared the fire stick cache and it seems to actually be working now. I think it was crashing but it’s not a 4k fire stick and it was pulling 4k and hevc sources.

1 Like

Looks like seren is working but I tried the crew addon and it’s not pulling RD sources. Any idea why not?

@icrude
I believe The Crew is the add-on where you may need to authorize URLResolver.

1 Like

You got a link on how to do that? I authorized RD in crew but is this different?

@icrude
Gimme a sec and let me see.

Hi @icrude
Try this:

This was put together by @Jayhawks659

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll give it a look. Last question…if I authorize real debrid in one addon, do I need to authorize it in every other addon?

1 Like

@icrude
Yes you will need to for each.

1 Like

Ok good to know. Is there an easier way to watch real debrid content on my fire stick than using these addons they frequently have issues?

1 Like

@icrude
No.
Truth is, keeping your FS lean, deleting apps you aren’t using any longer and using only one or two add-ons, with real debrid and keep it cleaned up by clearing cache; it works well. If you are using a VPN, you need about 10 gigs to stream 720p-1080p.
Before I purchased my new device, I was running a FS 4k 3 generation with exactly Kodi, Seren, the Crew with real debrid and didn’t have any trouble streaming any content in 1080p.

1 Like

How do you clear the cache?
How do you uninstall and reinstall Kodi?
If you uninstall it, will you then have to redo all the setting up of seren, crew, real-debrid, ect?

Hi @Username_anonemail
So, can I ask what device you are using?
If it’s a Firestick, go to Applications and scroll down to Kodi and click on it. Next click on force stop and scroll down a couple and click on clear cache.
And yes, if you uninstall and reinstall Kodi, then add-ons and all the settings will need to be re-set.

1 Like