Can’t get any addon to stream!

It is a 4k max. How do I know when the cache needs to be cleared? How often should I do it?

RD seems to be down.

2 Likes

Hi @Username_anonemail
With the Amazon 4k Max you should probably clear cache daily.
If you haven’t yet downloaded the DeBloater tool from the @Troypoint Rapid App Installer, that would be something to do as it will allow you to disable some of the programs that Amazon has running in the background of the Firestick.

2 Likes

@icrude

You should install kodi 19.3, don’t upgrade uninstall and reinstall.

Most builds and addons where updated for kodi 19.3 so there shouldn’t be issues. Real debrid was down, but is currently up and running you should get links now.

Check your sub time as well.

1 Like

Forgive me for asking, but how does upgrading help? Does 19.3 do anything that 18.9 doesn’t? And what do you mean by sub time?

1 Like

@icrude

Real debrid has an expiry, you pay for 1 to 6 months and if you didn’t renew it expires and you wont get links, they don’t really email you to tell you so you should check it.

19 has been updated to python 3 I believe and 18.9 is still on 2, so when they changed to 19 most builds and addons upgraded to python 3 as well. This would cause some compatibility issues with 18 and 19.

Somwthings still work but for real debird crew and seren it’s best you use 19.3

1 Like

Oh my subscription! Yes, im aware of that thank you! I’m a bit nervous to upgrade back to 19 but I’ll give it a shot. One of the issues was in seren it froze at “starting engines”.

3 Likes

@icrude

It shouldn’t, unless your firesticks resources are used up.

You can always try syncler or stremio if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

You do have to do crew separate🤓

1 Like

I have been using Crew with 19.3 for awhile with no issues. RD works very well with it. I’m using a Minix U22

1 Like

I updated the seren version other day and now I’ve noticed starting engines freezes up temporary sometimes now

1 Like

What is this url resolver?

Ok so seren is working great now, thanks to all your help. Only issue is that when I watch content that is from real debrid within seren, the playback lags / buffers…whatever you want to call it. My download speed is 150mbps, plenty I would think. These are just h.264 1080p files on my fire stick 4k. Any ideas why so many streams lag?

@icrude

They shouldn’t on kodi. If your down speed is that high on your stick those should play fine. If it’s just the 264 format lagging that would suggest a hardware issue or the unit can’t play those file formats but I’m pretty sure the fire stick plays 264.

Kodi is a good media player it should be playing them. You can try using a different player or a external player like vlc. What I’d do is play one of those links then pause it. And wait a bit then play or increase the buffer size.

1 Like

Thank you. To increase the buffer size is there an easy way to do that or do I need to download another addon?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.