BuzzTV X5 Review - Future-Proof Streaming Device

Welcome to this great forum @docjeff. I’m not that great with tech but I’ve tried both of those and I ended up returning the 4900 but the x5 you couldn’t pry from my dead cold hands, I love it that much.:grin:

2 Likes

Mucho gracias! Appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

You are a young man compared to my 84 LOL.

1 Like

I tried the 4900 and it is very nice and full of power. But the 4900 is a little dated and no price drop?..only thing I can figure is quality. I have not tried the x5 but it is the latest with android 11 versus the 4900’s android 9. From what I have seen with android boxes the Buzztv is the best and cant wait to get my hands on the x5. Troy should do a side by side? Inquiring minds :innocent: :joy:

1 Like

Hi, Does anyone who has the X5 box let me know if it’s true that 128gb is the largest size of SD card that came be used?

Thank you

Well I ordered the X5 today :crazy_face:… got about $40 off the purchase and free shipping.

Anyone looking to order type ANDROIDTVBOX in the promo/discount box and get $20 off and I managed somehow to get another $20 off with paypal.

1 Like

Thanx TXRon for that promo/discount tip…i am seriously thinking about the X5… :+1:

1 Like

I am seriously thinking about ordering one.

How well does this play with mesh wi fi(I have eero pro six) Some boxes do not seem to do well with mesh,and Ethernet is not an option for me

To be honest that promo code was for another one of their boxes, I just tried it and it was excepted :beers:

That’s the trouble with @TXRon he’s so damn lovable we all want to be lemmings and jump off the cliff with him. :hugs: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Not sure about the mesh setup but I’ve had huge issues with finding a device that had good wifi. Most devices once my vpn is connected I’m lucky if I could get about 20-25 dl and about 15-20 ul. Now same room with the x5, vpn on hitting 130-160 dl and 130-170 ul. This is on 5ghz.

2 Likes

Wow that’s huge. That would tip the scales for me if I could get one.

1 Like

Try that km2 Miki. Mine kick ass on wifi, much better on wifi than the 100mb eth.

2 Likes

On my Max using Proton VPN I get an average 85MBs down. Up isn’t that big a deal as I’m not uploading, as long as I have sufficient for system ovehead I’m g2g. I don’t remember what the KM2 got it’s been a long time.

1 Like

Shoot 5 watts in her & see what she’ll do…I’m interested to see a comparison with yer Max. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m going to order the X5 today.

1 Like

Just ordered the X5 128GB. Used troypoint as promo code got $20 off and free shipping.

2 Likes

Just had to edit my age in a previous post on this topic. Apparently not as young as I was bragging. I was sure I was 58 but after my father’s burial site gathering this morning my 61 year old brother straightened me out. Apparently I’m 59.:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Great thread. This thread, along with Troy’s review, convinced me I need one.

Buzz1

Happy streaming!

3 Likes