BuzzTV X5 Review - Future-Proof Streaming Device

There are two iterations of the BuzzTV X5 and both are enclosed in an aluminum case.

The 64AI includes 64GB of eMMC internal storage and the 128AI includes 128GB or eMMC storage.

7 Likes

Nice review Troy…rewind capability is off the charts cool…& the recording is also a plus…very sweet box! :+1:

4 Likes

Great review Troy, Yes it looks like the end all be all box. But for the money still think all certifications should be included. Recording is definitely a cool feature. If they could only make them more affordable. Keep’em coming Troy !

8 Likes

Another awesome review. Buzz once again don’t disappoint.

I know you are not found of the provided and intergrated iptv, but untill a new shield version comes out this probably be up there with that. And uea netflix certified isnt really a issue with real debrid. :slight_smile: but those iptv player built in are not bad players in my opinion.

4 Likes

There are many on youtube calling Buzztv the nvidea killer :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Well, its still the 2019 model with 3 gigs of ram. That cpu and upscaling is very good. I can see why people are saying it. id say its on pair. When and if they come out with new models i can only assume it will blow the rest of its competition away.

3 Likes

agree, nvidea has been sleeping a bit and need to pick up their game. What they do, they do well but as always when you are king of the hill all the other kids want to knock you off. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just ordered the X5. Excited to receive it!

4 Likes

Hi Troy,
Very excited about your recent review on the BuzzTV X5.
This review along with others I’ve been reading and watching I’m almost ready to CUT the CORD. At 70+ years I tend to mull these things over and over. I’ve tried
, with your guidence, the Firestick and the Chromecast TV but still didn’t feel confident but the X5 and your review I’m ordering it today! I will give myself two weeks of modifications then cancel my subscription to Directtv…
Thanks again Troy for sharing your knowledge and saving us a few dollars.
P.S. I also subscribe to your ipvanish vpn

4 Likes

As I like to tell those who I cant get to as often to help them out, Find you a grandkid, son or any techie that you trust and they can have this thing on steroids in no time and rockin’ :sweat_smile:…seriously

4 Likes

As a suggestion, some folks might think it’d helpful if reviews of ‘off-brand’ boxes would include information about how well BuzzTV & others work with verified live IPTV sources such as Sling, Hulu or others.

just an fyi on off brand boxes. IPTV such as tivimate shines on these boxes because certification doesnt matter. When talking sling, hulu etc its best to check before purchase as they vary alot. For instants my ugoss box is a tivimate powerhouse but not with netflix etc.

2 Likes

How do I watch the video of the new buzz box

I think you have to be a Troypoint Patron.
It’s a one time $15 and well worth it.

https://troypointinsider.com/s

If you’re a TROYPOINT Patron or Founding Member, be sure to watch my BuzzTV X5 first impressions video on the TROYPOINT Insider!

1 Like

I missed that you already are a Patron.
Click on below link.
my BuzzTV X5 first impressions video
[/quote]

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a rookie, is there an app that can be side loaded to view Netflix? The BuzzTV X5 sounds great, but I also enjoy Netflix.

1 Like

Yes, just not certified and at top resolution.

If you have something like KODI or Streamio you can get rid of NetFlix. The layout is not the same but all the content is there

3 Likes

That’s good news. I can deal with a slight reduction in resolution.

Yea, its not too bad. And if you set up iptv with their inhouse player you have a cadilac setup and as stated above with vod you get max resolution.