BuzzTV X5 Review - Future-Proof Streaming Device

I gave up on KODI. I had issues with lack of audio to my SONOS ARC soundbar every time I reconnected to KODI, and had to screw around with turning on/off pass through just to get sound. I have tried to load Streamio using Troy’s “anonymous” login process, but had grief with the Real-Debrid credentials. I seen where others created a laptop account and then side loaded it, so maybe I’ll give that a whirl. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi, I know this will sound like a bit of a stupid question, but here goes. I know you forward and rewind, but can you actually just pause this box for a length of time as well and will it just pick up from where it was paused and just carry on playing as normal?

1 Like

My X5 arrived today. I’ll let you know after I set it up.

@GmanStream I think you’re going to love it. Mine (64g) arrived about a week ago and I can’t stop playing with it. Although I’d rather use tivimate than the installed buzztv app for iptv this box is awesome. Able to choose large links in Kodi that blows my firecube away on the performance side. Happy to say Firecube’s going into retirement. Hope you have fun! Stream On😁

4 Likes

@bigivy For me it does work if your source is a good one. But if there’s a pause or buffer it will not. No streaming questions are stupid believe me, being a novice at this, I’ve already asked them all.:rofl:

Hey @bigivy Not sure what player you’re using to watch your live iptv channels…but I can pause a channel in my Tivimate player & come back & continue from where I paused or just go to live. What are you using? :cowboy_hat_face:

And what PapaS said about no stupid questions…

1 Like

Hi,

At present, I’m using the Beelink GT king and as you say, I can pause it using Tivimate, but after a few seconds of play, it just jumps straight back to the live feed. Not sure if that’s the box of my IPTV provider that’s at fault.
So I was wondering if this Buzz TVX5 would work any better. I do like the concept of the rewind/forward aspect amongst all the other things it can do.
I live in the UK so we won’t be getting these boxes till some time in June here, but I just wanted to know if they are worth the upgrade or whether I should just stick with the Beelink, which I can’t really fault considering the price I paid for it.

TIA

1 Like

OK…not sure why your Tivimate player does that…I just paused a live feed for 2 minutes…I then hit play & it resumed & I watched for 1 minute…& when I clicked on live it went forward the 2 minutes I had it paused. As far as I know…the Buzz X5 is the only streaming box with a DVR/built into its own native player…I’m sure someone will correct me if that is an incorrect statement…but my eyes opened wide when Troy mentioned that in his review. For your box & mine, the player determines the play/pause/FF/RW/Live functions…so any other different box (other than the Buzz X5) wouldn’t be any different that what you’ve got. Hope that makes sense…Now…if you’ve got some $$$ burning your pocket & you want a new toy…well…it does look like a pretty sweet box. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

It looks like I’ll be spending some eh GBP then,lol.
Thanks for all your help it’s much appreciated. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was my thoughts. I thought the buzz iptv setup was cool but tivimate was way cooler :joy:. I think the kids today it was sick…or sumthin to that effect :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on the fact that the X5 doesn’t have a voice control option?

I personally am not that bothered, but my wife would miss that feature I feel as she uses it quite a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree with Troy on voice control. Nice to have but honestly I never use it. Truth be told not one on my 3 active tv boxes have I ever used voice and I have it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey TX, good morning. Is this because you have a mini keyboard intergrated into your setup? Because Alexa voice on the Firestick is a huge time saver making it easier to enter search inquiries for example, and I would think it’s a bonus for those who only have basic remotes.

2 Likes

not really :joy: yes I do have mini and not so mini keyboards/mouse at my disposal but for some reason I just go with the remote basics. Cant explain why, habits I guess. But when lots of typing is involved like multi urls etc I will swap to my minikeys keyboard and mouse. But as far as voice goes I just never go there. No explanation…just old dogs vs new tricks :crazy_face:

1 Like

All good my friend. I’m 67 so I get the old habit bit it just feels comfortable.
Have a great day and STREAM ON.

4 Likes

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I’m also 67 and I do tend to stick to the “old habits” scenario,lol.

3 Likes

I’m just a young fellow (59) and I never use voice control just because I feel so odd talking to my TV.:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

I’m an old dog but you can teach me new tricks…remembering them longer than a few minutes is the problem :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I think Troy mentioned that the voice control could be an OTA update, so if this is possible, what button would be used for the voice control on the OTA update?
Again, a tad embarrassed with that question, lol. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::grin:

If you were to buy one today, would it be the X5 or the XRS 4900?

Cheers!

1 Like