BuzzTV X5 Android TV Box Review

I think like Dracoo mentioned, you can install the Google assistant on any Google device. It’s available in the Playstore. Sorry TX I didn’t mean to aim that at you. oops

1 Like

I got it working on china boxes, and my ugoos and thats a mobile version of android so unless its a amazon tablet i dont see how it wouldnt. I got ugoos remote to use voice commands with google. When you get it tinker with it and let us know.

1 Like

The BuzzTV box is not a stock android box

I will elaborate more starting friday when mine arrives :rofl: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Not a stock android box…as in not a stock android tv o/s or not a stock android phone/tablet o/s?

Not stock as in generic android like my ugoos box, that is stock. Buzz has a kinda/sorta cert thing goin on. If I remember right it plays everthing hd except netflix and with a little digging that can be fixed. But if you are a fan of android TV basically this is it,

Copy that…I believe I heard/read Troy stating (could’ve just been on this forum) that the “generic” android systems are just “re-engineered” by software peeps…so, depending on how complex (or closer to android tv) or just their own personal company touch/tweaks they want to go…they do. I’m guessing the Buzz folks decided to do some intricate engineering…& it seems to show.

By google assistant I think he means voice remote??? If thats the case I do remember Troy stating that. The easies fix would get a cheap voice remote.

Yeah…voice remote is common & available on $10-$20 universal remotes. That tech has been out for a long time…& if you’re not using a “google certified” loaded box (like both mine :roll_eyes:) then any voice assistant will do.

If you ever need a voice remote cheap…grab a g20…now I dont remember who made it but its tiny like a fire remote but has voice and a cursor.

edit>>> found it, most likely goes by other names also.
Amazon.com: WeChip G20S Pro Backlight Voice Air Remote USB Wireless Replacement Remote Keyboard for Nvidia Shield TV/Android TV Box/PC/Smart TV/Protector/HTPC : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/WeChip-Backlight-Wireless-Replacement-Protector/dp/B08VN98V93/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1KKRVTZTWK7FN&keywords=g20+remote&qid=1654698922&sprefix=g20+remote%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-8

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I hope the X5 will give me what the $19.88 ONN does. It hasn’t arrived yet. I was hoping Troy’s final review would address this item.

How does this box compare to Nvidia Shield Pro? I didn’t see any comparisons or comments comparing those 2.

Thank you in advance.

Thats harder to do becuase they both are different in functionality, ui and android software.

I have mentioned above. Tech spec wise id say the buzz box specs are better.

4 gigs of ram
Newer amlogic cpu

Just depends what your willing to spend.

2 Likes

Ive seen a couple youtube reviewers rank the Buzztv 4900 ahead of the shield. But to me the x5 is better than their so called top of the line. Better specs all the way around. So it comes down to what you like. The buzz is geared toward streamers with their setup.

1 Like

I have a couple of question;
How is the IPTV service compared with others that some of you have used? For instance - the number of channels, have all the usual movie and sports channels along with local and national channels and networks?
Can you add other playlist?
Can you talk about the Android 11 OS v stock Android and the customization ability
Thanks

Good day @Sbrowne126 there is no iptv service on the x5 unless you subscribe to one and add it. You can add as many playlists as you want into the pre-installed buzztv player app. Troypoint has a better breakdown than me.https://troypoint.com/buzztv-x5/

Look who came home today to daddy :rofl:

one final tune-up before launch :sunglasses:

had to reduce size

1 Like

Have to admit your new toy has great lines. :rofl: :roll_eyes:

Ahahaha

Sorry, but that was a hilarious fail.

Much better. On a more serious not your loved ones should take your money away or your credit card. Lol.

yea new phone got yesterday takes 50p pics or somethin like that :joy: