BuzzTV X5 Android TV Box Review

i’ve factory reset it and still ignores power button on remote? go figure? luv the box but WTF!!!

I’m lost on this one all I know on mine when I click the power button, the box shuts off, the tv (samsung) shuts off and my receiver shuts off and vice versa when power on.:thinking:

Not sure how but you can reset remote too.

To factory reset remote Smart Remote – BuzzTV

auto tv setup
backlight off
setup color keys
update control software

those are the only options i see under remote control settings?

Also once in settings, go down to more settings click it, then click powerkey definition mine is set on suspend.

1 Like

i tried suspend and shutdown and non worked,i sent an email to their support and i’ll see what they say
other than this issue the box is working great,rewind tv and pvr are awesome,even better than tivimate
hope to get this sorted as box features are awesome

Thanks, I looked what was in the box and the cable wasn’t there, I guess I will have to send BuzzTV an email.

1 Like

Haven’t seen anyone really come out and say if this box is better than the Nvidia shield pro, Very close in price

Totally understand your frustration, just curious is hdmi control in the tv settings turned on?

I can’t give an honest opinion on that cause I’ve never owned a shield.I think people into gaming would pick the shield buy I have tried about 5 or 6 different android devices and I would pick the x5 over all of them including my firecube.

Thats because the nvidia runs android tv and witu its current 2019 specs is still pretty good. There is only a few cpus that match it.

Anyone that had specs that match the cpu of the shield doesnt run android tv just stock android. It makes a difference in peoples opinions.

But, from a technical view a box with a highend amlogic cpu with 4 gigs of ram or higher will technically out compute the shield. As of right now most of it is personal opinion. But from a hardware standpoint these high end boxes are onpair or better.

4 Likes

There is a reviewer on youtube that says he thinks buzztv has surpassed nvidea and believes nvidea is just standing flat footed currently.
Everything You Need To Know About BuzzTV - YouTube

1 Like

reset remote to factory and it fixed the problem

2 Likes

Glad to hear, that was racking the back of my brain to. :smiley:

@TROYPOINT Thanks for all you do, but I just ordered the X5 and went back over your initial report and noticed no Google assistant. I use this alot since my 84-year-old hands don’t work as well as they use to. If I can get Google assistant on the ONN, I would surely think the X5 would have it.

Most android boxes you can installe google services without issues. I dont know off hand about buzz but you can go to apk pure download all google stuff it should work fine.

3 Likes

Yea I agree with Drac and this is an android tv box which only means more google stuff…Personally I turn most I can off related to google except the playstore.

1 Like

Also, the ONN box is what’s called “Google Certified”…so it has assistant & chromecast built in. The operating systems for Google Certified boxes is AndroidTV…whereas other “generic” boxes are Android operating systems. Hopefully, what Dracoo suggested works out for you for voice control. :cowboy_hat_face: