BuzzTV X5 Android TV Box Review

Check setting remote buttons or something of the like. You should find a setting for power control…off, standby etc and cec tv control as well.

Hi all,
I just pulled the trigger on the BuzzTv X5. I swear my had was shaking, but I know it will be all that Troypoint posted and the video portrayed.
I wonder if Troypoint will post tutorials as well to help us newbee’s to get us started.
My Next and final step , cut the cord !!!
Thanks again Troypoint for your continued enlightenment.

2 Likes

Congrats, you will love it… take a stroll thru the goodness… buzztv x5 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=buzztv+x5

1 Like

You get all kinds of guides in your email and on the main website. There is guides on how to install aps and everything you need for android boxes. Learning the actual interface of the buzz box’s UI something you my have to do on your own. But lots of helpful guides. :slight_smile: Enjoy and thanks for your support.

2 Likes

Thanks TXRon
That’s another good start, every little bit helps :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much TP-Dracoo,
I will continue to research all avenues to keep expanding my knowledge base.
I have joined Real-debrid and Trakt and work so well with Kodi that I got on the TP Rapid App installer.
One quick question, after I have formatted usb flash drive and set it up on FS can I remove it and use it on another FS on another TV in my home?
Again thank you for all the encouragement.

All this hype and youtube videos are killin’ me :crazy_face:

I looked what’s in the box and only seen a power adapter. What kind of power cable do you use?

I think they all come with cable, mine did anyway (adapter and cable 1 piece)

thx guys
i meant the remote control will not power off the box?
i tried all the remote settings and couldn’t find a setting where the remote will power down the box?
maybe i’m missing something?

Top left button worked here. Did you pair the remote to the box?

yes i did,everything works except the power button,i paired it with an lg tv,then decided i didn’t want that as i have a computer also hooked up to the tv,unpaired it from the tv and now it won’t control power to the box? only thing i can think of is to try and factory reset it but i spent all day loading my iptv and apps to it,dang!
thx for the suggestions and looks like a factory reset is what i’m gonna have to try?

did you check the cec settings

how do i check those settings?

Well I dont have a buzztv but usually in settings around remote settings. cec on and should be several others below it. To control power etc.

the setting are in android settings, not on actual remote itself

don’t have those settings as far as i can tell?

Go to device preferences, scroll down to display and sound, then scroll down to HDMI CEC click it ,make sure CEC Switch is on.

yes it’s on and still totally ignores power button? but it did power the tv on and off when paired with my lg tv?

Sorry @Comtech I’m outta idea’s, but maybe somebody else will chime in.