Attention BuzzTV Owners! I need your help!

What can you do for me since the native player has not worked but for a week or so since i bought the x5 early last July???

Close Caption is working however the service provider has to support it. Most providers support CC but not all channels are supported. I’m glad to hear everything else is working well for you

Thanks for the feedback

I’m curious how the metal housing will hold up after that drop lol

I sent you a private message

thanks

1 Like

Cheers mate, I might give that a try then, thank you :+1::+1:

The conversation took place through PM’s on your forum, sometime around last June. IIRC, “All About Buzz” was the person I was dealing with. Feel free to look it up for yourself.

2 Likes

I have had a 4000 model for at least five years also have a newer 4500 max with no problems at all have been thinking of getting the 4900 with the 1 T storage so I could download movies at night.

2 Likes

Huge thanks to the @buzztvglobal rep who has been replying to these messages.

If you have a problem with your BuzzTV device, I kindly ask that you provide specific information on what doesn’t work properly. Unfortunately, comments like, “It doesn’t work” aren’t very helpful.

I know that some of you quit using your device and don’t want to take the time to pull it out and reply to this thread and I understand that.

The more details that you can provide for BuzzTV on your problems, the better chance of it being fixed.

Also, some of you have indicated that you have shelved it and will never return to it again. Keep in mind that a simple update can fix many problems and your shelved Android Box could turn into your favorite after it’s been updated.

Thanks to all of you who have provided detailed info on what is wrong and thanks to BuzzTV for addressing these issues.

4 Likes

My XRS4500 lost all network connectivity functionality after updating to Buzztv 5. Worked for a few hours now no WiFi or wired .:thinking:

1 Like

Troy, My XRS4500 appears to be working well again following the update for BuzzTV 5. It appears the prior beta release of the update was just a bit premature. Apart from the glitches arising from the beta update, I have really liked BuzzTV and the homescreen interface with their iptv server. That is really the highlight of their products. Thanks for your interaction with them and their attention in resolving the beta update issues.

3 Likes

I purchased a Buzztv X5 last September. I spent an hour on the phone with support but we could not get it to control my Samsung TV (granted it is a bit older) or my Vizio soundbar. So to use it I had to use 3 remotes. Besides the Buzztv remote is the pits. It would take many, many tries to get anything accomplished. I got frustrated with the whole thing and sent it back.

I bought a much cheaper Mecool KM2 and am very happy with it (and have nearly $100 back)!

1 Like

I bought the buzz box 4900. I bought this after reading a Troypoint review. I also purchased the 1TB storage. In the beginning it worked flawlessly. Before this I had the formuler z8, which was good. Buzzbox has a support group similar to formuler. Information is posted regarding issues and fixes. You hopefully can find your issue to fix your problem. You can submit questions but difficult to get specific answers back. It all went bad for me after completing the update. It would not work at all. Even turning it on was an issue. Their support was not there as some people referred to here. I’ve stopped using it and went back to my firestick . With the price I paid I was not impressed with these events. In time,I googled my issue and some people posted their problems which were similar to mine. I then learned by these searches that there was a fix to their update. I then downloaded the new update onto an SD card and installed it into my buzzbox. It works much better but not as good as when I first got it. My only problem now is when I turn the box and TV on I have to press the TV source button several times to get a picture. I don’t have to do this with my firestick. I’m not trying to bash the buzzbox support people. I am all about service and support. If you sell you should have adequate support. When I did the update service and support where not there.

Sorry for the long message. This was my personal experience.

2 Likes

@TROYPOINT I’m Glad to be on here! Thank you for allowing BuzzTV to interact with the members of this site. Unfortunately, we can’t keep everybody happy, but I’ll try my best to help as many people as possible.

For those needing help, please send a private message with your serial number or mac address with a detailed explanation

5 Likes

We appreciate it! Not everyone is happy and sometimes people give up and get angry before even asking for help or contacting support.

Thank you for helping and answering these questions.

Please everyone do the best to explain your issue the best you can.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound normal. Did you try factory resetting the box? Please send via private message your serial number or mac address. I can further investigate the issue.

1 Like

Since I can’t record using native player on x5. I am able to set recording & an icon for recorded program shows up in recorded section but when I click on play, I get a message no recording exists. Furthermore, I have the video/audio freezing every minute or so. This has been an issue except for when the tech flashed my box back to Aug 11 update.

I am wondering if I delete the data for native player whether it would fix the issue?? Would the player install again & with what firmware version?? Has anyone done this? Do you recommend I go that route?

I’d really like to have a working x5 native player since it seems tech support is at a loss despite the copious amount of time we’ve done the back & forth & that I’m on my 2nd box!

TIA!

The support team determine the issue wasnt hardware or firmware related. The issue points to compatibility with the player and the streams. Feel free to re-engage with our tech team to see if there are any changes or updates.

Thanks

1 Like

I did the hard reset via the button in the AV port. Now my connectivity has returned both land and Wi-Fi. Thanks to Buzztv for replying to my post.

5 Likes

Awesome!!

Thanks for posting a follow-up.

I’m with Comtech. I basically use it to record sporting events which is why I purchased it. My only issue is that I need to reboot it two or three times a month but not that big an issue for me. Recordings are easy to set and works well.

2 Likes

I have to agree with others I have shelved my x5 myself. Working with “tech support” was not a pleasant experience for me either. So long BuzzTV for me as well.

2 Likes