Attention BuzzTV Owners! I need your help!

I know that some of you are BuzzTV users.

I remember reading that some of you were having problems after various updates over the past few months.

I’m going to start reviewing their 2023 devices but before doing that, I would like to hear the good and bad that you are experiencing with these devices. This will help me with my reviews and first impressions videos. Plus, I will go to BuzzTV with the information that you provide and hopefully we will see much of it fixed in a future update.

Please don’t complain about features we can’t do anything about such as no HD Netflix or other shortcomings that can’t be fixed. Please only focus on the software side of things.

Thank you all for your input!

4 Likes

I actually plugged my x5 in last night to see if any updates were avaliable and there was none. Mine has been a shelf dweller ever since I bought it. Any updates I have had just made it worse. Currently with plenty of storage and only basics installed it will not allow anything else, says memory is full and to un-install things to free up storage. Well storage is not the problem but in my opinion its just a dud box. Looks good but all bark and no bite…rather nice paperweight.

Edit…Troy can you ask the Buzz guys if they will replace my X5 with a Formuler Z11, thanks in advance :grimacing: :partying_face:

1 Like

I have a BuzzTV XRS4500 and have had an update issue that lead me to do a complete system reset to the original o/s. The issue involved a beta update to BuzzTV 5 that slightly changed the homescreen layout and allowed for downloading stationary backgrounds off the Xplore app. After several days the BuzzTV 5 app became unstable and either froze or kicked me out of other apps, including my iptv services, even when using the BuzzTV server. When I contacted customer support at BuzzTV, the tech was rather dismissive and said I was the only one to make a complaint about this update. In spite of the fact I really like the homescreen interface with the iptv, I ended up mothballing this device and use Ugoos boxes, which, being stock android, are easier to customize to your tastes and very stable.

I have a buzz x5 that’s back in the box. Couldn’t update box. Buzz told me numerous times that they would send me the necessary files on a usb drive but then just gave me the cold shoulder :sneezing_face: It’s ok though, replaced with z11 and very happy. Many customer service nightmares I’ve heard of about buzz. Wifi will not stay connected from the first day I started it up. Buzz 5 app sucks, not user friendly at all.

P.S - Anyone looking for an x5? :rofl:

2 Likes

I bought one in the summer of '22, and this is what I wrote about it then. Not sure if anything has improved, but looking at the other posts in this thread, my guess is no.

bought an X5, had nothing but problems with it, and after 6 weeks of dealing with tech “support” (and I use that term very loosely) I RMA’d it. Should have stuck with my Shield Pro, but the idea of ff/rw of live TV was too good not to try. Too bad that whenever I used Timeshift, the video and audio constantly skipped. Worst device I’ve ever tried to use.

…oh yeah, and to return the defective item, I had to pay the return shipping. In contrast, when my 2019 Shield tube bit the dust after 2 years, not only did Nvidia replace it out of warranty, but they paid for shipping both ways. Buzz has a lot to learn about customer service.

2 Likes

Their “customer service” is horrific. They act like they are doing you a favor letting you buy the box. These idiots actually got pissed off that I would not give them my IPTV provider login details when trying to troubleshoot. As I told them, if my providers found out I gave their login info out, they would very quickly become my former providers, and deservedly so. Buzz is right up there with Vizio…products I wouldn’t take for free.

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle: Buzz Kill Deja Vu :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Also, if you do mention any of their shortcomings on their forum, expect to be banned.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t waste one second on their forum, but that doesn’t surprise me. It amazes me that any company trying to sell any product would treat their customers the way they do. Eff them!

2 Likes

Never got that far, so no worries

2 Likes

Exactly. I’d have been happy to have the stuff that was supposed to work actually work.

2 Likes

Troy, When you speak to the powers that be at BuzzTV, please share all comments above about their updates and substandard customer service. Sadly, they are all too true. If BuzzTV, which prices their products like premium devices, wants to survive and thrive in this marketplace, they are going to have to make MAJOR improvements in product, software and service.

2 Likes

Hey Troy. Like most of us here whom have had problems with the Buzz tv 5 system, I too found that the tech support (?) was basically nonexistent. They would not even come back to me to help me reset the box to factory default, had to go to the internet and get help from whomever would give me advice. Again, like many here, I ended up parking the buzz 5 on the crap shelf. What a waste of money. It might be time for these developers to add a few pages of instructions explaining how to use or set some of the systems that come with their boxes. Even their remote requires a university degree. Every day was a new adventure in running their system. Never again unless the developers address some of the problems that everyone is talking about. Good luck Troy.

3 Likes

i have a buzztv 5 in my bedroom and i’ve never updated it…works flawlessly and it’s stopped asking to update itself
records iptv like gangbusters and we watch it nightly,i even removed tivimate from it and use the native iptv software to record,also i watched all the software fiasco’s and never updated it.
128gb scandisk 3.1 added as internal storage and i have no problems with it at all
records just fine

like i said,works great and no problems recording…we watch it daily w no buffering on it or the sheild in the living room?
if anyone wants a pix of my storage settings or anything else i’d be happy to post a screen shot
i luv this box as it works fine for me

2 Likes

@TXRon If your box memory says it’s full have you tried doing a hard reset using a paperclip in the AV port ? When we first launched X5 last year we definitely had some buggy firmware. The transition from Android 9 to Android 11 wasn’t so pretty for us. We can see there are approx 80 boxes still using a bad update when we first launched X5. Free to private message your serial number and I can check if your box is stuck on this old update.

Thanks

3 Likes

@sim_bill can you kindly private message your serial number and we can see if you’re using an old beta or if you’re using the final release buzztv5 .

Thanks

2 Likes

serial sent…private message

And welcome to the community

3 Likes

@mkmck something doesn’t seem right about what you’re describing. Our support team should not ask for your personal login information and I agree with you I wouldn’t do this either. If you have screenshots of this email can you send them via private messenger and I’ll take the necessary actions?

Thanks

2 Likes

@PapaS we have less than 5 banned people on our support forum. If you are one of them you must have violated the forum rules on several occasions. We dont ban for negative comments only. If you like the exact reason private message me your username and I’ll let you know the reason why you were banned

Thanks

1 Like