Attention BuzzTV Owners! I need your help!

thanks for the opportunity to make things right. I will send you a reply tomorrow.

2 Likes

Damn! buzztvglobal just raised the stakes on the naysayers…nuff said
my box works great…thx buzztv

5 Likes

No need. I know why I got banned because I got sick of being put on ignore and then when it was brought to your attention you lied, said you got a box of defective usb cards but as soon as you received a new shipment mine was as good as in the mail. In the meantime other people had received their usb drive from you guys because somebody on this forum told me so. After that I was still ignored so yeah :upside_down_face: I went ballistic on your forum or whatever you want to call it. Finally there is nothing you can do to try to fix this, I’ve moved on to a much superior product and Buzz is dead to me. Have a great day :grinning:

2 Likes

Ol’ Troy gets things done :beers:

It is nice to see a rep step up to the plate. We here do sway a buyers direction in boxes with our own experiences. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

An hour late and a dollar short!

1 Like

For Sure my buzztv 5 works great…gonna record the superbowl on it in 4K then transfer to a blu-ray disk for future viewing
peep’s that are having problems with it ain’t doin it right { lyric by buster rhymes}

2 Likes

I had 2 of the XRS4500 version. One quit working after the beta update and reset.

i have the XRS4500 bought in april of 2022 and was working flawlessly until it froze up in december last year. after exhausting ALL restore efforts on my own and after contacting BUZZ …opened a RMA ticket on 12/29/2022…shipped the box back to buzzTV on 1/4/2023…replacement box shipped back to me on 1/17/2023…delivered to my door on 1/23/2023…throughout the WHOLE return process BUZZ was in constant contact with me through e-mails and updates on my RMA ticket progress.THANK YOU BuzzTV for the EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT! The Replacement box is working flawlessly and have had ZERO issues so far. :+1:

1 Like

I bought a x5 box early last July. Could record but had to stay on channel or recording would stop. Was told in forum the Aug update would fix the issue - it didn’t, instead I lost all recording ability & the video &. audio froze - making even watching TV in native player useless. Dealt with customer service for about 6 weeks when they finally told me to go back to Canadian office to get a replacement box. Tech flashed the box back to Aug 11th update & we tested - I could record but still had audio/video issues. Tech gave me a new box with Aug 11 firmware.

Took it home, was able to record until one day I wasn’t. I hadn’t done anything - no updates, etc. Got in touch with customer service who said Oct update would rectify problems - it didn’t. So right now I don’t use native player which is the reason I bought it - for the ability to pause/FF/rew Live TV. I had to find a separate app which allows me those options (which I had to pay $36 Canadian for lifetime licence!!).

Other issues – I too was asked for my IPTV login by Tech support who initially blamed my providers setup for my issues. Also, after Oct update, the blue light stays on even when it is supposed to be off.

It’s been a good box for everything except what I bought it for…the native player functionality!!!

BuzzTV people - are you ABLE to give me a functioning box that works after having the original box & replacement not doing so??!

P.S. Interesting tidbit - when I was able to record but had the audio/video freezing watching Live TV, I did NOT see any such issues in the recordings - they played perfectly - weird!!!

2 Likes

Exactly! Why doesn’t Buzz send out a fix for everyone of there boxes instead of making you all have to send them your serial number now that Troy rattled their cage ! Terrible customer service can’t be excused away. simple patch , fixed Bam!

2 Likes

Good morning, I have 4 X5 boxes and basically haven’t had any issues except for closed captions not working

1 Like

Bought my son an HD5 - x5. Stopped working around Christmas, any ideas, is the Buzz website worth it?

Thanks

I use the buzz TV X5. It would not update until I downloaded the three files onto the root directory of an SD card:

After I did that the update worked great and there has been no update since and this was last summer sometime.
I’m not sure what the update did exactly because it worked fine before I updated it

1 Like

I have the BuzzTV 5 and it sits on a shelf. I was so excited to get it but the unit is not as good as my Shield. I just bought the new Formuler Z11 Pro Max and can’t wait to get it Monday! Have heard very good things about this unit. Plus my shield is more for gaming than IPTV. I am not unhappy with the shield just want to see how the new mytvonline3 is compared to the 2 version

1 Like

Hi Johns

buzztv offers support via Email, WhatsApp chat, Forum, and phone number. Our youtube channel has a few support videos for common issues as well. If you had a bad experience with our support team please send me a private message with the issues you had/having and i’ll do my best too help out

Thanks

Im glad to hear your warranty experience was good

Thanks for the positive feedback!

1 Like

different models and different batches will have different firmware. In some cases, we have fixes for specific problems which are in beta and not ready for prime time to send out to all boxes. We are always working on firmware/app updates, you can tell by the version numbers and once we vet these updates with the beta testers is when its deployed to the masses.

Hi websurfer dude, Can I ask what app it was that gave you the ability to pause/FF/rew Live TV, and also is it 100% guaranteed to work with all these aforementioned functions?
TIA

:crossed_fingers: @buzztvglobal fyi… I have factory reset the box and usually when I install a few apps it would tell me storage full. So far ive installed several apps a no errors so far. Thanks for looking in to these issues as well as others here. I will monitor the box a few days and drop it off a tall building to check durability :joy:…J/k …but will post back :+1:

2 Likes

The app is CosmiTV IPTV Player. Located in Google Store. I have had zero issues with the ability to pause/ff/rew Live TV. I interacted with the app owner (located in MA.) over about a 6 - 8 week period pointing out issues. He released a major update Sept 3rd that fixed 99.9% of the issues & added a few additions.

Is anything in life 100% perfect??! Nope but i’d bet you’d be pleased, as i was. Note: you can pay for monthly subscription to try it out & if you’re sold on it, buy the lifetime licence.

2 Likes