YouTube Continues Ad-Blocker Crackdown with Slow Load Times

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/youtube-continues-ad-blocker-crackdown-slows-down-site/

YouTube is at it yet again! The tech media giant is continuing with their crackdown on ad-blockers by slowing down the website and causing lag/buffering whenever users have one enabled. The world’s most popular video-sharing platform has been taking strong measures to combat the use of ad-blockers by its users. In 2023, the platform experimented…

3 Likes

Hope it doesnt affect SmartTuneNext. Youtube/google have long been A Flock of Seagulls.

1 Like

Keep at it and YT will have a Rumble in the Jungle of up and coming video-sharing platforms.

Rumble - Apps on Google Play

Rumble on the App Store (apple.com)

Rumble:Amazon.com:Appstore for Android

troypoint (rumble.com)

I haven’t noticed any slowdown or other issues with SmartTube. I use it every day.

Me neither, I was attempting to be sarcastic because I despise google ads and thinking they can force me to subvert and do as they say is just stupid.

There has been a notable increase of ads and forced ads on every platform out there. Seems as though everyone is following Bezos lead on forcing ads on everything tech. These people are greedy beyond belief!

Bozo Bezos gif

I seem to get zero lag and no buffering, I use adblock plus, Ghostery and uBlock origin. Zero adds and Zero Lag.

We have an account since my Better Half watches so much YT. Hence no ads.

To me it sounds like an apple lawsuit. Makingbutbso your device gets overworked if you use one causing overheat. I get it but question is how much money you making and alot of ads like tv are things you dont want to see or anout drugs to help something but with so many side affrcts well you can fill rest in.

Brave browser and smart tube is great

i use youtube revanced and it has no ads and streams great

1 Like

I don’t watch youtube,well maybe a how to vid in a pinch.My grandson watches it all the time.He was complaining about the slow load up yesterday.Now this was on pc and google chrome,I do have an adblocker enabled on it.Firefox pretty much refused to play youtube unless blockers were disabled.

I don’t use Smartube everyday, but often. Just yesterday I experienced my first buffering. Not sure how but it seemed to be related to the vid; since other videos were buffer free. Cleared cache and put it on pause for a minute and buffering went away.

We use UBlock Origin with both Chrome and Firefox under Windows 11 and never see adverts nor have we noticed any slowness.

I have both Adblock + and Adguard and a few days ago Youtube was terribly slow. Looks like this was due to an Adblock update NOT any throttling by Youtube. Everything on my end is back to normal

Using an ad-blocker is stealing.

I’m Lost, please help me understand how an ad-blocker is stealing. Sorry to be so dense. Thank you.

If your not cheating your not trying hard enough. This Forum is all about stealing and we are damn proud of it. Yes Sir I’m a Thief! :rofl:

1 Like

If they keep it up they may end up like Sports Illustrated.

You can’t trust Google either.