Will a ugreen 3 port usb ethernet adapter work on the Onn box?

All of a sudden my 5G wirless network will not connect to my Onn box. So i’m going to a wired connection. I would like to know is there a hub that works? Because i’ve connected the usb 3-port ethernet hub. But once i connect the ethernet cord it shows no connection via ethernet. Anyone have any suggestions?

It should work fine, there’s a lot of articles in the search on Onn and adding hubs. Have a great day

2 Likes

Should have mentioned earlier that if the hub is otg capable it will work but if not you’ll have to get an otg cable. Apologies

Thanks i’ll try it. Maybe that is the problem i’m having with the current hub i have. Maybe its not otg capable. Hopefully the ugreen hub will work thanks again Throttlejockey.

1 Like

Your welcome,if not check out the search for info.

I use an OTG cable and use Troy’s tutorial to setup my ONN and it works with not problems.

1 Like

Have you made any changes to the router(if you have one). I find it strange the box just quit connecting to wifi.

Hey @gene61 You want an ethernet adapter like amazon sells…or one of the generic ones…you will only get up to 100Mbps tho…not sure what you normally got with your wifi. He’s got a tutorial on hooking one up also…I’m with TXRon…why doesn’t it pick up wifi…that’s very strange…? I don’t know of any other peeps that have an ONN that had that problem…is it still in the 30 day purchase window?

This is what I got a while back when I put one on my old firestick…they are the same but different.

When I got started with my ONN I connected it to the Ugreen hub that I use with the Firestick (with two flash drives) just to see if it recognized the internet over Ethernet. Analiti showed that it was connected via wired connection. Once I have the ONN completely programmed, and am ready to ditch the Firestick, I will put a flash drive in the Ugreen hub.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is my copy and paste about it.
I got it to work like with any other Android TV box. Lot of misinformation being spread about the new Onn box right now. This is all everybody needs to do, it’s fairly simple. Turn off wifi. Get into “developer options” and scroll down to “select USB configuration” switch it from “charging” to “RNDS (USB Ethernet)” go back scroll down and hit “restart”. When it powered back on with my OTG dongle connected with my USB 3 splitter with Ethernet I now I had an ethernet connection and my USB keyboard also worked consistently. It is now perfect. There are a couple different USB settings you can play with just remember the changes you make in case you need to change them back or just follow my instructions. I did another restart powered it back up, it switched itself back to “charging” in developer options but my USB dongles are working just fine and with Ethernet. I tried several including a ugreen. I’ve had it working now for a couple of days no issues Ethernet is consistent. Later

1 Like

@samsam, Big THANK YOU for this. I have been struggling to get my onn box hooked to my ugreen adapter. I hate to use wifi for streaming in my home. Hard wired is the way to go! Thanks again! Works like a charm.

1 Like

Yeah I tried to post it on Troy’s page about supercharging the Onn but they are not moderating my post about it, I don’t know if I offended anybody by figuring it out and that it is an easy fix since you can also use any thumb drive you want now for additional storage if you do that. I figure there’s thousands of people who are trying to figure this out, but it’ll get passed around eventually have a great day.

That’s great. Have you figured out how to enable Dolby Vision

Does your TV support Dolby vision? Check that first.

Yes it does and it tells what the feed is by going into the tv menu

Since Walmart didn’t pay for the rights to use Dolby vision. This may not be possible as you probably already know.

1 Like

I didn’t know this. Thanks have great weekend

Hello, unfortunately we can’t get to all of the comments on the weekends but your comment will definitely be approved soon. Thanks for commenting.