Will a ugreen 3 port usb ethernet adapter work on the Onn box?

I have tried everything I can think of, including the information from Samsam above. I am not able to get the ONN 4k to recognize a flash drive on the Ugreen. Wifi is no problem as I can turn it on and off at will. Just an FYI, I am using tp-link power line adapters to get Wifi to my man cave. But, I need more storage, thus the need for the flash drive on the Ugreen.

If it’s a powered hub then it should. The Onn power brick wasn’t designed for adding peripherals. If you have a spare 4K Max brick then it’s 1A and should give you enough power for the ethernet adapter, the Onn, and a USB Drive. The Onn brick is just 1/2A I believe.

@gene61

See this video. I go through this.

Miki, the power for my Onn is 1A at 5.0 V. I also have a spare from a Firestick 4k, and that is 5.25 V at 1A. I tried it, and it makes no difference.

Troy, I’ve seen the video. I have no problems getting Wifi to the Onn through wired Ethernet The problem I’m having is getitng the Onn to recognize a 64 Mb flash drive in the Ugreen as external storage. Ive tried everything. In fact, I did something, and can no longer access developer options. Time for a factory reset. I guess I’ll have to resort to Wifi and the flash drive on the OTG cable.

That is odd. Everyone else I’ve talked to their brick is .5A not 1A, and changing to the 1A did the trick. I thought for sure that would do it for ya, sorry it didn’t. Thanks for letting me know GL2U.

Onn 4k Power Supply is 1.0 amp. A Firestick 4k Max is 1.5 amp.
I tried the Onn 4k with OTG and a USB 3 port hub with Ethernet adapter (Technet Brand) and it works good with just the ethernet in it using the stock ONN Power Supply. I tried it with a 64gb Thumb Drive and it acted squirrelly. I changed the power supply to the firestick 4k max’s 1.5 amp and it worked correctly. SO…if only using Ethernet…the Stock Power Supply should suffice. BUT as others have stated, if you use a thumb drive, bump those amps up a tad and let’er roll!!

2 Likes

After having given up, I decided to try one more time. I didn’t do anything different, but I have a 64GB flash drive on a Ugreen adapter loaded with apps such as downloader, Analiti, etc, and with Ethernet working. I’m using the stock ONN power. I guess I just wasn’t holding my mouth right! Or maybe the moon wasn’t in the correct phase!

1 Like

The onn box and brick are both rated for 5v 1 amp.

But it doesn’t hurt to overpower them even if people are spreading misinformation about the power supply.

To get Micro USB Ethernet working again the onn box it does have to get restarted through the settings menu. The ducks do have to be in a row.

After the update they forced switched USB settings back. At least it did to the ones I set up.
It changed resolution back from 4k to 1080p. Everything looked washed out.
It stopped my OTG set from working. I no longer had any USB capabilities only power to Micro USB. So, no Ethernet etcetera. I had to go back into developer options and reset the USB configuration back to Ethernet from “charging”. Turn off USB debugging than do a restart to get Micro USB working again. Meaning the OTG setup was back up.
It seems to have reset some settings back to factory. Kind of annoying but I guess to be expected. Hopefully the update was good for something.

Ya as I don’t do cheap boxs. I have to go by info given to me by those that do. One said his brick was only .5 which I found odd, and he switched to a 1 and that fixed his hub issue. Wouldn’t surprise me if these cheap boxs have variations one to another. But now ppl are in the know they can move on to other issues they have. I’m back to watching my Max. Tx for the update Samsam. Have a good week.

The power supply was never the issue. Later

For those who care, that maybe good news. TTFN.

1 Like

Then again you should stop giving information on devices that you don’t own for obvious reasons. You knew the fix, you just decided to tell people it was the power supply instead. LATER…

Oh my. You do get a burr in your saddle you can’t let go. In fact I don’t know. The individual indicated the facts I stated and the solution he used worked and he did that all on his own without my input. So he was happy. Now if only you could get to a happy place and enjoy yourself. As you are the self appointed Onn guru I can only imagine all the effort you have to go to and the extra work needed. btw I don’t give advice on the Onn.
Have a good week.

No, you were just all over this site giving bad advice to people on a device you didn’t even have but at first pretended you did. I tried to help you once already but you refuse the advice and continued to give people bad advice. In fact it even got worse. You blamed micro USB settings on a power supply when you already knew it was the micro USB settings that needed to be changed. You even had people reformatting the device, factory resetting it when they didn’t need to. At some point you should probably stop and maybe not just move on to the next device that you don’t have and give bad information on. This time I would really suggest you do not respond back. later.

Again no need to keep replying back you can stop

1 Like

I never told anyone to factory reset anything. It’s obvious you have issues so ya know what. Time to just ignore you. btw stop hijacking threads. Make your own. oh and one more thing. If I were you I’d stop fabricating stuff and stop attacking ppl for some fixation you have. This is getting close to stalking, and lastly, don’t tell me what I should or shouldn’t do. Drop it and actually go help those poor members with Onn issues.

Than stop responding or posting bad information. You could have helped others in figuring out the real problem that was/is obviously something to do with USB debugging and Micro USB management settings. Not a power supply that you do not have. You knew this from within days of the boxes release because I told you. But your feathers were ruffled because it was so obvious when you were giving bad advice to people looking for help, that you did not have the actual devise and thus not knowing what you were talking about. I can’t help that you got triggered over it and ignored the good advice that was given to you and instead chose to spread more bad advice instead.
So do us all a favor and stop responding.

Take your own advice and stop. If you’ve been following me so closely you would have noticed that in fact I don’t give advice on the ONN at all. So that’s your first fabrication. I can’t even say you know what you’re doing and in fact are correct unless I have an ONN to verify, which I don’t. I let this die weeks ago and like a disease you pop back up out of the slime to harrass me and to ignore our rules and etiquette. Trust me, you are only ruining your imagined rep, not mine. Now do something constructive and if you know as much as you think you do, go help the members that need help with their ONNs.
You have now crossed over into being my official stalker. Please do us both a favor and stop beating your head against the wall. You can’t move it.
Have a wonderful night. I’m off to help others if I can.

You clearly have a last word disorder. From now on do the community and potential world a favor. If you do not have the device as you do not. Do not post about the device, if it is giving advice about the device for the obvious reasons previously mentioned. You don’t do “cheep boxes” anyway LOL so this shouldn’t be an issue. That way others who have them and know what they are doing can actually figure out what the real problems are without you pretending you know and telling people the bad advice. Seems like good sound logic to move on and grow from. Good luck and remember to give help or advice only on items you either own or have owned. That way it saves others time in trying things or spending money on things that you regularly advise that do not work. LATER.