Which Device Do You Prefer?

Strange. And you say your Tivo device will turn itself and the TV on instantly when you hit the power button on that remote? I can only suggest two things then.

1. Check all of your CEC settings on the Shield and TV.
  2. Unplug your Tivo and use that HDMI cord for the Shield and see if that makes a difference. Keep that HDMI cord plugged into the same input on the TV. If it works faster then you’ve either got an issue with your cord or your input.

Yes. TV and TiVo came on together. TiVo is no longer connected. I changed to the Shield. I’ll find out in morning if it’s still doing it

@Streaming429

The ir sensor in the remote can auto detect tivo and tvs and turn them on when you hit power.

My shitty qndriod box remote turns my TV on and box with one hit.

It auto detects the signal so you can use one remote.

If this is what we are talking about.

@TP-Dracoo The TiVo is no longer hooked up nor in the same room

1 Like

@Streaming429 if its not hooked up how is it turning on?

I’m confused. I should have read more. Been working a 15 hour day.

My point from what I read is. New remotes can pick up signals and auto detect it and turn on other devices without setting them up. Is all I ment.

@TP-Dracoo Lol It has nothing to do with the TiVo remote now. What I was saying was that I’m hoping my Shield starts as quickly and my TiVo did. It was instant on with TV. When I go to power up tv in morning, the Shield takes a minute or two to start

I’ve had a few different streaming devices. On one of my TV sets I have Firestick 4K and Nvidia Shield, I seem to use the Firestick with external memory. I am not unhappy with the Shield but the Firestick is easier. On another set I use a Mecool KM 3, it is easy to operate and has memory advantages over the Firestick.

Welcome to the group @Prinz44 A whole lot of great people with a lot of Knowledge here. I got away from Firesticks when I tried my first TiVo Stream 4K and now have those on bedroom TV’s and an Nvidia Shield Pro in living room which I just started using Saturday.

@TP-Dracoo After shutting down last night, it fired right up this morning with no problems

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.