Which Device Do You Prefer?

On km2/settings/set up remote buttons/power button.
Select there.
Also if your tv has a hdmi (arc) connect your box to this one

1 Like

Tx. I may rescue the KM2 from electronic junk oblivion where it now resides.

1 Like

Thanks for the video it did make a difference. I think I have added to many addons also, so Iā€™m going to pursue reducing that number.

Miki - Is Wolf Launcher and Launch Manager two different apps or is Launch mgr part of Wolf Loader? So what you are saying I can get rid of all apps I cannot uninstall? That would be great!!

Launch manager is where you turn the Wolf on or off and with a recent update also wgere you can access various areas of the system like ā€œApplicationsā€ ā€œAmazon App Storeā€ and so on

From experience using Firesticks, TiVo Stream 4K and now the Shield Pro for what I use mine for, the TiVo Stream 4K is the perfect device if not a power user. Trying to figure out how to get my Shield Pro to start quicker in the morning if itā€™s possible. TiVo Stream 4K is just instant on

What do you mean ā€œstart quickerā€? Do you unplug it at night? Mine is always in sleep mode. As soon as I hit the power button my Shield, TV, and AVR all turn on. Tivimate instantly starts up.

1 Like

@umgawa1952
You donā€™t actually ā€œget ridā€ of the Amazon apps. In Wolf you can simply choose not to have them display. In wolf on the home page without highlighting any folders or apps click the hamburger button on your remote to open an option selection pop up. Then choose ā€œLauncher Settingsā€ then select ā€œHidden Appsā€ and put a checkmark in any apps you do not want to see like Alexa Shopping. Close out and Amazon crap is now hidden.

1 Like

Thank you Mika. That was extremely helpful and I appreciate it.

Don

@Jayhawks659 When I turn it in it takes a min or two to start up for some reason and all I do is hit the power button on remote at night

Are you running version 8.2.3?

Settings > Device Preferences > Display & Sound > Power Control > Sleep SHIELD (ON)

@Jayhawks659 Thanks for that. Donā€™t know off hand which Version Iā€™m running, Iā€™ll check when I get home from work

Looks like itā€™s actually the sound settings where you can turn CEC on/off if your TV is compatible. Does your remote already control the TV or no? Or maybe you have IR setup instead of CEC control.

I know CEC is on. I run it on a TCL Roku TV

1 Like

I have a TLC Roku TV as well. Should be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

When you turn it on does it give you the Nvidia splash screen every time? Or is it just a black screen until you can see the home screen?

The screen that comes up is the One showing HDMI 1 and takes a min or two for the Shield screen to come on. Past two morning I thought it didnā€™t see the remote or something was wrong with it

Mine turns on instantly with absolutely no delay.

That sounds more like a TV issue than a NS one.

1 Like

Agreed. The Shield should instantly be sending the wake up signal. The TV isnā€™t switching immediately. Try updating the TV, check settings, or do a factory reset.

1 Like

TV is updated to 10.0.0 Build 4209 and Shield is 8.2.3