Which Asus router comes close to the ASUS RT-AX86U (AX5700) Dual Band

I was told the ASUS RT-AX86U (AX5700) Dual Band router was the best router by Asus .is there another one that comes close to this model? I can only find this router by a third party on Amazon and u know how third parties are.

They make em’ bigger but it all depends on what your doing. The ax86u is a great streamer router. It’s what I have and a few others here.

1 Like

Is there another one u would recommend that is not priced out of this world? It’s mostly for streaming and security-related.

how many square feet

450 square feet it is a small apartment.

ok, maybe this is all you need…should do the trick.

Amazon.com: ASUS RT-AX1800S Dual Band WiFi 6 Extendable Router, Subscription-Free Network Security, Parental Control, Built-in VPN, AiMesh Compatible, Gaming & Streaming, Smart Home : Electronics
Amazon.com

Will this one accept the Merlin firmware

I’m not seeing it listed, but wondering if it goes by another name as I dont see it de-listed?

Home | Asuswrt-Merlin
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

after looking at the forums I think not. However from my reading asus has beefed up their vpn software and many claim its caught up to merlin. I cant vouch for that but you could get it, try it and send it back if it doesnt suit you.

I just asked the question on the site and the customers said it is . Thanks again txron

1 Like

Yea txron i went to asus site and that one wasn’t on the list. Everything would be simpler if i could find th ax like u have at a reasonable price from a vender i know. They have the pro and the s but they don get the good reviews.

The cheapest supported I see is the RT-AX68U for $121

Where is that one and is it used?

Yes i see it on amazon that one is on the Asus list I will check that one out thank.

yep, its on merlins supported list

Well that’s the one thanks again Txron

2 Likes

I love mine glad you recommended it TX Ron one of the best purchases I have made. Teamed it up with Merlin and it doesn’t get much better working very well with all my toys and improved my signal strength through our my house :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Well that’s great thanks for giving me the info.

Well guys received my Asus RT-AX86U today went to set it up but didn’t work. I called Asus and they said the problem was a software problem and i had to send jt in. I said i am not sending it in i am sending it back to Amazon.

1 Like