What's ur speeds?

Just to put this out there. This is the fastest ive seen for me. Direct connection. 1g fiber.

4 Likes

pretty darn fast thing ya got there. :+1:

Is this thru your VPN?

1 Like

Yes. If i remember correctly.

I would imagine that is not on a vpn. If it is it might be a record for fastest.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Troy gets around 900Mbps with his 1G fiber without a vpn…don’t remember what he gets with it on…but don’t think it’s quite 500-ish…

3 Likes

I saw the analiti record posted awhile back but cant find it. :woozy_face:

Kind of overkill for streaming…but then again, if I could drive a 700hp Demon on the street every day…I would :sunglasses:

2 Likes

yep, ive got the 900 down plan which I dont need…it was on sale or somethin’ :sweat_smile:
The way I figure as long as my up is 20 or better I have no issues. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I don’t download large files to speak of, so super speed (altho cool to see…as is speed of any kind) is not needed at my casa’…when I cut the cord I got the 100Mbps plan from Comcast for $50/mo…& they keep increasing my speed au gratis’…up to 300Mbps now & I see faster speed tests but haven’t really noticed any change in my normal surfing…my computer guru told me many many years ago: you’re only as fast as the servers you’re connecting to…pretty sure he was right. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m the same, although I now get 80+ down with this new Proton VPN, all I really need is 30-35MBps for quality streaming. Now if that was a gaming setup with low lag, damn that’d be sweet.

2 Likes

Yep…close enough to instantaneous for my senses…that’s for sure. That’s what the gamers like…glad they can get it these days…we’ve come a long way from, what was at the time blazing fast 56K dialup…ha ha. Think I got into computers when it was 9,600bps in early 90s…yikes.

1 Like

IK agree this is not thru a VPN.

3 Likes

I got into computer when it was 300 or 600. Back in the days when punched card machines were great.

2 Likes

Yeah…collating machines…one of my high school classes did an exciting field trip to a local business in town that had collating machines…they were the cat’s meow back then…ha ha

Side note: if he’s not going thru a vpn…then he’s losing a lot of speed for having a gig at the modem.

1 Like

I guess I’ll stick with my pedestrian 25 down. Ho Hum!

As long as it works for you, that’s all that matters.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

2 Likes

Fast enough lol. And that’s all that matters. Doesn’t have to be the fastest available.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember getting 9K once when I was at a conference in Anaheim CA. Don’t miss those days!

1 Like

While i live in the outskirts of a city im happy with my 10/1000 connections and unlimited bandwidth.

Moving to the country will change that. Thats later.

1g is good ebough for what i do. I could downgrade and be fine but im grandfathered into a payment nobody els gets… lol so ima keep it. Wish i still get employment perks. Canada needs a big tech and communications restructuring. Sorry off topic y apologies.

3 Likes