What is the best vpn so far

My IPVanish is set to end next month so I am looking at VPNs. Honest opinion, IP vaish vs SurfShark vs PrivadoVPN which one would be better. I am looking for honest reviews. please.

1 Like

My opinion:

1. Surfshark
  2. ExpressVPN
  3. IP Vanish
1 Like

The best VPN is the VPN that best meets your needs. For example, I need a service that offers port forwarding. One that doesn’t isn’t the best for me. That doesn’t make it bad. Think about what you want in a VPN and choose accordingly.

What is a VPN? All Questions Answered | Best VPNs for 2022

3 Likes

Couldnt agree more. The 3 I listed meets my needs the best. My criteria: speed, dependability, features, support and security.

2 Likes

I’ve been with NordVPN for 3yrs.which is rated #1, 2, or 3, depending on which publication you read. It limits you to 6 devices, so I bought SurfSharkVPN, which is also in the top 3, depending on what you read. SurfShark has unlimited devices and I have given it out to my son & grandkids. Nord is faster, by far. I use the “Nordlynx” Protocol and get 290Mbps download. With SurfShark it was 49Mbps in NY both on FIOS within minutes of each other. I use Nord on my Firesticks and SurfShark for all else. If you look for certain computer add-ons & extensions you WILL get discounts on both.

1 Like

Nord was the slowest VPN I have tried, by far. To @Steve_Vee’s point, each of these depends on the individual’s network, location, hardware, etc etc. Most offer 30 day money back, I highly recommend trying some of the top ones and see which works best for you without too much risk.

…and WELCOME!

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone it really helps me a lot with your choices and reasons.

Welcome! Yes what everyone has stated so far. The one that fits you. I have SurfShark, Express & Nord. SurfShark is my go to and everyone in our house uses it. I use Express just to change things up and I rarely use Nord as it won’t stay connected for me. So it’s definitely user choice

2 Likes

I started with NordVpn then tested Ipvanish went back to Nord. I then went to SurfShark and for me SurfShark out performs either. Ipvanish never worked well for me.
But again do your testing and see which fits your network
Sal

3 Likes

1-Proton
2-Privado
3-Mozilla

i was using Nord for about three years before i switched to Proton last year…I was starting to have connectivity issues and the advertised speeds were not wut they advertised considering i am on a GIGABIT plan from Comcast …for me anyways.since i been with Proton…my connectivity issues have dissapeared and my speeds are blazing fast.Proton has arguably the best UI of all VPN’s after they updated it IMHO…i have tried privado for a week and there service was pretty decent…the one that really surprised me was Mozilla VPN…i gave it a one week try and i was VERY surprised at the features and speed that now Mozilla is my VPN for my Desktop and Proton is my VPN for BuzzTV,Tablet,and android phone.

@S3XY67 Have you personally tried Surfshark, IPVanish, ExpressVPN, Nord, etc and you still rank these 3 above them? Genuinely curious, not trying to start an argument.

I’ve personally had SurfShark, ExpressVPN, cyberghost nord, IPVanish and Proton. Every single one has issues and shortcomings, not one has performed flawlessly. Of all of them Proton has provided the fastest speeds and next was Express. They all did their job and I’ve never had any breaches I’m aware of.

3 Likes

I agree. I have all those except Proton. I don’t even use CyberGhost anymore

I would like to hear a review of Mulvad some day??? They were 1st with wireshark…

well…surfshark is owned by Nord(see previous post), express is owned by Kape Technologies…no further explanation needed there…and i am just not a fan of ip vanish like everyone else tbh…i am paying $10/month for two great vpn’s in proton and mozilla that suit my needs perfectly…can’t go wrong with that.

1 Like

I wasn’t criticizing in the least, like I mentioned in my post. I have not personally used any of the ones that you mentioned, I just wondered if you started with these or you have used Express, SS, IPV, Nord and just prefer these more. There isn’t a wrong answer if you are happy with it.

1 Like

I used some BTC to try Mullvad for a month and it worked good for me. May do it again if you’re that interested. Lol

1 Like

At one time I considered it for wireguard but now the others have been rolling it out and after I did try wireguard I found open vpn still faster for me. :roll_eyes:

To be honest, I never checked what it was using because it was working fine for me. I’m gonna do another month and play with it. I’ll get back with you on what I experience

1 Like

Renewed. Going to put it on my Z10 first in a little bit and see how it works

1 Like