What is everyone using for app killer

Looking to see what everyone is using for a app killer I know that there are many out there. I have been using background seems to be working ok now it wants me to update and I hate updating anything on Google anymore. Like to see what everyone else is using and how they like it. :v::grin:

2 Likes

Fast track killer and the end proccess one for firestick

1 Like

Hi Big… I use fast task even on android if needed…although rarely :+1:

1 Like

I use it on my android phone all the time so it doesn’t wear down my battery and I use it on my streaming boxes as part of my cleanup regularly. Just trying to figure out which one everyone is using and switch from background app from Google

I use Fast Task Killer to free up RAM, Defsquid for cleaning, virus scans and for closing apps 1 by 1.

5 Likes

I agree very important to do all that and I also use defsquid it’s a must anymore along with malware scan

1 Like

as a note on the newer android versions etc. With all the new storage restrictions a highly rated app for cleaning is files by google. It is very rare I would suggest anything by google but dealing with this new stuff …Files by google was a life saver.

1 Like

I agree with Leary on Google just don’t trust them to slip some kind of tracking thing in there I will check that out thanks

2 Likes

I use Fast Task Killer.

1 Like

oh forgot to mention my all time fav…SDmaid. If you can get access with the app its the absolute best for everything including a cleaning scheduler that automates cleaning so it becomes hands free when set up properly. It was easy to set up on the ugoos with root permissions and not so easy on buzztv with everything locked down…but im working on it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes that is in my lineup also on all my boxes don’t think it does background though but it’s is a very good app to have and I use it regularly probably more than needed but in this case more can’t hurt I think :thinking::v::grin:

1 Like

It does background with proper permissions (depending on box)

1 Like

I don’t use Defquid because it deletes my kodi apps and settings .

1 Like

just checked rai and it was working for me

Got it brain fart sorry got it to work thanks. Sucks to get old not much to the app no home page or anything just click on icon and it tells you what it did very fast. Thanks

2 Likes

I got rid of App Killer. I like Background much better.

They do 2 different functions though. Background apps and process list is the same as you opening your manage all apps and going through the list and force closing each app and then clearing the cache. Defsquid does the same thing only it also has a cleaner and Malware scanner. Fast Task Killer releases RAM for improved performance. So I use Defsquid for a cleanup/optimize after a days worth of Max use and FTK for just before I want to watch a 4K movie so my stick has more RAM for processing and I get smoother playback. I should add that I also use FTK just before streaming live sports on TiViMate.

1 Like

That sounds like an app to try. Where can I get Desquid, or is it Fast Task Killer I should install again from Troypoint?

defsquid.com
is their URL

3 Likes

Like Miki said they both do different things I have both and also SD maid pro all very good easy to install and use :v::grin:

2 Likes