Watch local channels

Research the HDHomerun device. Not only will that act as an antenna. It also affords you the ability to stream that feed through Plex, or other sources.

I have looked into this and it seems interesting. I have a few providers that carry my local stations. So I really have no need for this…so far. I do have one of those cheap ($15 bucks) flat indoor antennas taped to the wall behind my TV and it picks up about 50 local channels where I live in SWFL, but that is there only as last alternative backup.

2 Likes

Hi Powerfader: Thanks for the response. I’m trying to get ABC, CBS, NBX\C, PBS and FOX in the Raleigh/Durham area (NC).

Oh, and I have an Amazon Recast (similar to Homerun) but the antenna reception here is awful so that doesn’t work.

Would you happen to know their call letters? Would make it easier to locate out of almost 800 channels. lol

I’ll start looking now, but if you could get those call letters that would speed things up.

So far I have found Fox 50 Raleigh WRAZ, CW 22 Raleigh WLFL, ABC Durham WTVD, NBC Raleigh WRAL, CBS 17 WNCN Raleigh/Durham, My 28 WRDC Durham. There were a lot of others out of NC, but I don’t if they would be relevant to you in your location?

You can go to DozenzXII.net and get a 36 hr trial and check them out. Here is their Telegram chat link:

Yep, those are the big ones! Did you find them on a single IPTV service? If so, which one? And how do you access the service (TiviMate)?

Yes, these are all from Dozenz XII. This is my primary IPTV service.

To get Tivimate, just download the app from your store. Tivimate is only for =android based devices. There is a work around for Apple people, if you are one of them.

If you get Tivimate make sure you get the Premium version. I believe a year costs about $ 7 bucks and a lifetime costs about $22 bucks, but well worth the unlocking of the extra features. Also, even though like and use Tivimate. The iptv provider has his own stand alone player.

1 Like

That’s one link for you. There are of course others but as mentioned I’m not going to discuss this further as I simply don’t want to. You’ve made up your mind it can’t be done and for you that’s obviously true. I also have 10 links to get free feeds for all sports using the Silk browser.
Good luck with your streaming.

Hey Miki, You should check this link out. I can’t figure out a way to load this in a player, but I did play it using a browser such as Downloader and Firefox. This would be ideal for laptops, tablets, and phones. I did cast it from my laptop to my TV and it worked like a charm. Btw, there is no epg on this.

Keep in mind these channels are from the Stanford area, but these are also national broadcasts. The programming will more local, but I betcha the same content will be pretty much the same as any other place, except for the local news programming. Just use a TV guide for the Stanford area to get your dates and times. So I bet your wife will be able to get her soaps all in one place rather than have a bunch of individual sites. Try it out. I was impressed with it, and it is FREE!

Here’s an interesting FREE site. This is a streaming project out of Stanford University conducted by students. Currently they only stream 6 channels (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, PBS, CW). These are all local channels to the Stanford area, but these are the regular channels (NOT VOD News Channels). So that means you get the regular programming for those tv stations!

The streams load blazingly fast and are clear as a bell! Sound is of good quality. You can go to their site: Puffer (stanford.edu) and register.strong text

1 Like

Tx for thinking of me. But I don’t have any problems getting free channels from anywhere I want. I use Ola Tv. It was another person looking for local channels. Happy thanksgiving (Cdn). ;~)

1 Like

@Powerfader
I signed up just for fun. Trouble is they only allow 500 log ins on the server. Once that limit is reached you can’t connect. Oh well.

2 Likes

Hi Miki: Thanks for the Link. This, this is “video on demand” which is available for several broadcast network shows. But it’s not real time live network broadcast TV. It appears we are talking about two different things.

Thanks Powerfader. Yes, Puffer is like Locast. It’s great for live broadcast TV, although as you say, these are Palo Alto, CA channels…

1 Like

I have the HDHomerun device. Connected the new antenna tonight, Winegard TF3000. Seems to be working pretty well.

1 Like

Yes you can also watch it whenever you please and has VOD capabilities, but it gives you the “live” feed of whatever program you want to watch. The soap I provided airs at 4pm on the networks and can be watched at that time, with these links. To me that’s live. If you want live news get Haystack. I’m simply pointing out that it is possible to watch many channels in the Silk browser for free, without subscription to any service. So watch wheel of fortune at the time it’s being broadcast to the nation. If that isn’t live I guess I need to understand your interpretation of “live”

Look into LocalBTV.com. This is a fairly new service. So they are only in about 14 markets right now. I don’t live in one of them, but I tried using a VPN and set it to a location they are broadcasting to. It kinda worked, but I believe they are geo locked, so for me to try and use my modem/router I would have to load my VPN to the modem/router, and I just don’t feel like messing with it. Also, if you download from a hotspot you may gain more success? I did it , but like I said, it just isn’t worth it to me especially since I have about 10 other iptv services at my disposal. But these are live, and they even allow cloud service to record: even series!

1 Like

You should say How to Stream local news. Not say, How to Stream local channels.

1 Like

@Powerfader Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Will test this soon and create a tutorial if working well

1 Like

Here’s how I got it to load on my laptop. I turned off location, turned on IPVanish and tuned it to a Chicago location, signed in with a Chicago zip, and then it loaded up for me. I also can cast this from my laptop yo my TV. I had to finagle to get the picture to almost fill the screen. I don’t like the bars on the The picture quality and sound are very good. Making it go full screen was a bit of an issue. I don’t like having their navigating bars visible on the top and bottom. The only way I could figure how to reduce it was taking my laptop screen to 25%. That got about 99% of the bars gone. I had a an issue using my phone, because they demanded I turn on my location settings on my phone.

It’s an ok app, only because it’s FREE. They don’t offer as much as Locast did, but it’s better than nada if you’re in a pinch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.