Watch local channels

Just posted below one Raleigh Apollo
All four major networks are working.

@ ClassicalAl - yes, Iā€™ve been diddling around with Yagis, 8 bays, etc, for 3 months - unreliable reception in my location so Iā€™m stuck with cable or internet.

!@JayG - Thanks, man, Iā€™ll check that out too.

Lol such a coincidence i just moved from clayton and i still watch the local channels there. So far so good is No Limit (formerly Dynasty TV) they have ABC (Durham) and NBC (Raleigh) but FOX and CBS Im still looking for they dont have the local channels for those. :frowning:

@GeekSquad926 Welcome! I just checked mine and I can get CBS 17 WNCN Raleigh, FOX 50 WRAZ Raleigh with my service. Hope this helps. Now mind you, this is IPTV. I have 786 locals available

which iptv are you using brcause No Limit is missing those two

@GeekSquad926 TVTUBE Give them a 24hr trial. Love this service

Yes you can watch locals with the right provider. thats how i watch football games from Philadelphia local chs. look up VooDoo streams 11bucks any ch you want

1 Like

There are many ways to get local channels free. On the Firestick you can use Silk to find your ā€œlocalā€ channel and see if they have a free streaming link and then save it in your faves if they do. Or use Ola TV and save your fave local channels which will then be in your KShaw app. Haystack News let you choose your local news channels. The list goes on and on ad nauseum

Put a booster on mine to get channel 2 works pretty good

Miki: local tv stations donā€™t stream their regular broadcast programming unless you have a paid account with their app or a paid cable service. They get their blood money any way they can. Itā€™s only because the FCC mandates they broadcast OTA for free to get their licenses.

@sktn77a
Ummm that simply isnā€™t true. Many stations broadcast streaming feeds for free and of course free IPTV services like OLA TV can get you feeds. Some are ā€œliveā€ and some are slightly delayed and those channels can be gotten on the Silk browser CBS for example. Is it easy to track down? Not for some, but theyā€™re available.

1 Like

Ummm, simply is true! You can get some broadcast news channels for free, but but not the live network broadcastā€¦ unless you can provide a link for the browser to this live broadcast service(?)

The antenna came with a booster, at least thatā€™s what they called it. Iā€™m going to try an antenna rate good by Consumer Reports. Weā€™ll see what it does.

Lots of local news stations broadcast on their own website for free. Smaller stations might only broadcast a few hours live per day. Then run the same news over and over. Your internet browser of choice is your friend here.

Might help some people catch up on their local newsā€¦good luckā€¦

1 Like

As you seem stuck on this mind set I donā€™t want to argue. I will simply say that my wife watches live soap opera broadcasts, as an example, every day on cbs for free, without any app and without any subscription. Live. This is commercial television. Have a great day.

I currently have 3 paid IPTV services and they all have all my local stations.

2 Likes

@miki. Iā€™d love to be wrong on this one. Got a link to this CBS station?

Here is just one of the 3 IPTV services I have that have local channels. Btw, there are 786 local channels with this provider!!

Another way you can get locals is via a HDHomerun device. You can have it feed through Plex, and there is a way to get it on Tivimate, too.

Locals are usually in abundance on good iptv services. Checkout DozenzXII.com to see for yourself.

What is the local (City) CBS station do you want? If you tell me the city Iā€™ll check to see if one of my providers has it.

1 Like