Walmart ONN is a Killer Box - Who needs the Shield

I would go through the steps to factory reset the box. We discuss the methods in here and you can find that with a quick search of the forum. If that doesn’t fix it, I chalk it up as a biproduct of producing these in mass. A certain number of them will be faulty. If it wasn’t long ago that you bought it, Walmart may just give you a new one free. If not, I wouldn’t worry and spend more than $20’s time trying to revive it, just grab a new one and you will be back up and running.

Yup, think that’s what I thought would be response. I agree. Can’t reset to factory ,cuz it wont boot up after the Google TV appears, just stays blank. Like I said Oh Well 20 bucks,no bigey :face_with_peeking_eye:

Have you tried pushing the little button on the back of the box?

1 Like

Thanks for that feedback, appreciated much. Tried that , but that little button by hdmi is a quik pair for the remote. Tried it twice and got pair remote option, but no reset to factory. Only other thing i see on opposite side of hdmi is on/off power light. I will look again ,maybe I’m not seeing that reset button. Any case ,I’ll keep tinkering w/that box as a challenge. Maybe there’s a secret “buttons hold down” for factory reset like there is on firesticks, never know, these devices are pretty much made the same in a lot of ways. For sh…s n Giggles, it’s somethin to play around with

There absolutely is a Factory Reset. some of us here including me loaded the Wolf Launcher and then our ONN boxes bricked. I was about to take it back but then started playing around with the small button on the box while powering down and powering back up. I cannot remember exactly what I did but was able to factory reset it by some combination of holding down the small button on the box while powering down then back up. I believe the answer is somewhere here.

One of the first things I did was put on Wolf Launcher. It works better and and more stable than on my FS 4K Max. There is a reset button as you mentioned. I just got mine a few weeks ago. I’m quite happy with it.

If I remember correctly @MarkxG you power down the Onn then hold that button in and turn the power back on and keep holding the button down. Some say for 3 to 5 seconds. Then you’ll get some info on the screen and you have to click the button quickly to scroll through the options. I know there is a you tube vid here if someone does a search for “Factory reset 4K ONN box”.

1 Like

thanx, I luv it, I’ll be on it !!! Gonna resuscitate this little box somehow someway. Cuz I really do like these puppies. Luv this community, lets keep up the great communication

1 Like

I’m gonna take this as my new year’s challenge. Be Damned if I don’t “get er done” !!! Tried power down , hold back button 5 sec . , then power back up , tried a few times, but did’nt work. Keepin at it. persistence is the mother of invention or somethin like dat

1:Hold reset button on back of box for 5 seconds

2:unplug the device

3 still holding reset for 10 seconds

4: stiil hold the reset plug the box back in.

Use the reset button to scroll through the listed options
Press and hold to initiate the command

2 Likes

AAAAALLLLLLLL… right, here we go , gonna try again. And I’m gonna pray while I do it. !!!

1 Like

I’ll pray right along with ya.

Thanx fur that prayer !!! It GOD said yes, but only85%, was able to get the 3 0r 4 options tp pop up left hand corner of screen. But the min. i lift my finger off reset button , options go away. do i need to push that button super fast or somethin else ???

I’m goin back in n tryin again, before wifey brings down the hammer, we gotta get to gettin ready to go- go out to some friends for the Eve. 2 seperate stops,

Hey Miki, Thanx so much, u for sure got the right formula.I’m a master @ bringin up that reset option screen. Now I need to become a master of scrolling down 2 to reset to factory, will try try again another day, next yr. Every time i move off the button just a hair it disappears, can get it right back if i press button quik, just ca’t scroll :smiling_face_with_tear:

No scrolling, each quick click brings up an option, when factory reset appears hold the button down to choose that.

3 Likes

Nice one Miki…i copied those instructs to my onn 4k folder…i still have 2 of the older and 2 of the newer boxes that are still unopened…saving them for whatever…lol
Nvidia shield
Buzztv 4900(x5 was a turd)
T95
all working great with tivimate,500GB ssd drive and a iptv service and a couple of movie apps…
Would watch the ball drop but we’ll be sleep by 10pm…lol

1 Like

does’ntlet me quik click, sec I release n quik clik ,option goes away. gonna try it once more, then gonna try takin it to walmart n askin if they"ll switch it out. somebody said they do that ,if it;s in stock

1 Like

Walmart came thru for me, just switched it out fur a new one :blush:

1 Like