VPNSafetyDot Now Requires Paid Subscription

The new oil can’s are here the new oil can’s are here :clap: good movie have to watch that again soon could use a laugh :laughing::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t get the popup in the free version now either, that’s good news.
the windows version also seems to work again.

I reinstalled the dot from an archived copy and it brought up a mandatory “update” and “install” screen. Had to enable the dot in allow unknown app install. Then click “install”. Once it installed I modified the settings specific to the dot and nothing else. Turned it on and I now have the dot icon back. I did not get any warning popups. Been 1 hr so far. I did not touch any of the “premium” features buttons.

2 Likes

Been running the “Dot” basic all morning and no alert or otherwise has popped up.

I think, maybe they are just offering a choice with their premium and not making it mandatory.

Anyway, the Dot is working fine, and I even changed the little icon to display as the SS icon.

If you wish to change the Dot to something else of your choosing here is the site to do so. I used to have this but I forgot what the site was called. Credit AMD for supplying the site’s address.

VPNSafetyDot Custom Branding Configurator

3 Likes

I reinstalled it, updated and started it up. Been a couple of hours now. I also restarted the stick after a couple of hours to see if this might trigger a “your free trial is up” warning. Nope. Working perfectly again. I didn’t even have to do a manual startup. My VPN started and it started.

1 Like

ya recon they got put on blast for that stupid move(bait and switch) tactic?

2 Likes

Hey Mike,
That is exactly what I am experiencing so far on both versions, 02 and 04 that has all the premium buttons. The 04 does in the morning say, Beep times up but then starts right up again. If that is a bug, I don’t mind buggy code for once. :slight_smile:

Dont click the update to the paid subscription. If you click the free option, it does time out but all you need to do is close it then re-open. Again, do not click the premium option!

Oddly enough I have 2.0.4 and my free version is working perfectly without any popups or warnings. Going on 4 hrs now. On my 4k Max you did not have a choice to click either free or paid, just update, then install.

3 Likes

Well I left on V2.0.2 last night on my 4k and this morning it had stopped saying the trial had expired. Opened it again, went through the startup and worked again. I still don’t know the max hours it will run without cutting out or if it will stop working in basic all together but what I do know is it runs long enough for me to watch my few hours in the evening. I can live with that as it’s no different than the version prior that was buggy and needed to be started each day.

1 Like

I shut power off to my Max every night. Fired it up this morning. Closed any Safety Dot pop up. Made sure my VPN was on. Went into manage installed apps. Turned on vpn safety dot. Working perfectly. lasted yesterday for over 11 hrs without any popups or warnings of any kind. Will report back after a full day of Streaming.

2 Likes

got premium…with all the features i think it is ok. still expensive but… they have a tutorial to show in which cases the kill switch is not enough. after following all the steps i got the same behavior. got me worried…

the new release 205 says it also detects IP leaks in premium. Right now I use free monitoring. for now i am sticking with the free version. if they update constantly and get in more features i am willing to pay

1 Like

I just created a new VPN Monitor Dot app for FREE!

(Donations are encouraged to help support future features and bug fixes)

Download: VPNmonitorDOT.com

3 Likes

Hehe nice! Here is my VPN connection monitoring tool as well for free. Does the same as the Basic Plan in VPNSafertyDot.
So only VPN connection tracking (no additional IP Leak and DNS Leak tracking!)
I think the VPNSafetyDot added that in their premium plan.

Enter in downloader to download the Monitoring tool
https://tinyurl.com/vpnpriv

Have fun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

great job. it is the same as the basic version of vopsafetydot. also restarts and tracks vpn crashes and kill switch issues like the vpnsafetydot does. even if i run the heavy load benchmark which is linked in the help blog on the vpnsafetydot site.
i run both now haha

Thanks @EngineerMind. Just installed this on all my devices and made a small donation :grinning: Keep up the great work :+1:

P.S- Just canceled my sub with the greedy guys and waiting for refund.:blush:

3 Likes

I am very happy to hear it saved another user from a monthly fee :slight_smile:

Tx EM. Downloaded and installed on the Max. Appreciate your efforts.