VPNSafetyDot Now Requires Paid Subscription

I got the dreaded message that the app will stop monitoring about an hour & a quarter after updating. Opened the app & turned it back on & still worked till i shutdown a few hours later.

1 Like

So I actually subscribed early this morning and some validation of my card was going on still when I got home 11 hours later!

They removed money from my debit card, which failed a manual review somehow at Paddle. Angry letter sent to Paddle and developer who is losing sales because the card processor is rejecting valid cards!!

There are archive versions of the old apk out there and it does have intents to ā€œcall homeā€ but I may see if I can work around (sinkhole) them if the dot means anything to others. For some reason it always gave a message at startup like the service was down - I added in my firewall a closer ā€œresolution spotā€ for the IP, fixed it.

1 Like

it looks like vpn monitoring is part of the free version again. at least I havenā€™t received a message for a good day now.
the other features are still premium. Iā€™m currently still using the free version but if there are more premium features coming then I might buy soon.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame, its comforting to see the green dot, but Iā€™m reluctant to give card details, so will be uninstalled.

1 Like

Also, when you are using SS on a tablet or phone. The SS icon will appear up in the lefthand corner as an indicator that you are protected. This icon does not appear on my nVidia, or my laptop, but as you stated SS has a few safeguards you can use to make sure your vpn is activated for all apps, or specific ones of your choosing, or even disconnecting your internet connecting if the vpn is dropped.

Just a quick note here, I am sure most of you know that SS with a kill switch is much less expensive than the dot. They need to seriously re-evaluate the market, adjust the prices and perhaps sell it for a few dollars in the app stores. I personally believe they are setup to fail with this at this price point.

6 Likes

Is there something else we can us

Nothing like the dot at this time.

I wonder if the Tech Doc is working on something?

Mine is still working as usualā€¦see the ā€œactivate premiumā€ box above the on/off button, but I just click it to on & Iā€™ve been good to goā€¦so farā€¦but Iā€™m sure I just jinxed it & itā€™ll go south on me anytime :roll_eyes:

I uninstalled mine and then tried an experiment. I thought maybe I could install an older APK. So I picked one from sept. lat year. No good. It locked my system up and I had to hit my ā€œhomeā€ button to get out and delete it. So definitely gone for me. oooops.

1 Like

Not only goneā€¦but booby-trapped :astonished: dangā€¦ā€œhe hates the oil cansā€! :rofl:

1 Like

Deleted this now worthless app on all my devices!!! Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re going to see quite a few users do the same.

6 Likes

The strange thing is, it seems to be working in basic mode. I just used it over 4 hours. Then I shut it off. Not sure what they are doing.

3 Likes

Same here you know what they say donā€™t look a gift horse in the mouth :laughing:

1 Like

Well I have V202 on my 4k and 204 on my 4kmax. The 202 added a button to upgrade but does not have the new ones for added benefits if you subscribe. I used 204 last night for about 5 hours and this morning there was a notification about the free trial has expired. I dismissed it and immediately turned the dot on again.

For users that donā€™t need it 24/7 and that is probably many of you, itā€™s only a restart for now so itā€™s still as useful as it was to me before. I do have SS and a kill switch so either way I am ok but true, itā€™s nice to see that dot.

2 Likes

I used to have an app that could change the VPN Safety Dot Icon to whatever you wish, but I canā€™t remember what it is called. Do any of you know?

1 Like

VPNSafetyDot Custom Branding Configurator

3 Likes

Yep, that was the one. Thanks!

4 Likes