VPN & Safety Dot

Is there a VPN with a “safety dot” built in? I know it is minor, but it would be nice not having to open two app’s when I fire up the Android box.

Good idea…& yeah, that would be nice. Ever noticed how big safety dot is…just under 100MB…larger than my surfshark or tivimate apps…seems like an awful lot for such a “seemingly” simple app.

2 Likes

Pia vpn has a built in dot. Im pretty sure more do.

1 Like

I never have to start Safety Dot. Once turned on it simply starts when your system starts, same as your VPN.

3 Likes

Mine works in maybe 1 out of every 10 reboots…no idea why :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

I know lotsa peeps love the dot but for me I cant trust it

2 Likes

Pretty odd. On my Firesticks it’s always worked from the beginning. I trust it completely.

1 Like

Actually, the download is only 10MB and the installed program on my Firestick is only 25MB(?)

I think it’s a great idea for vpn providers to provide this function with their services. Something simple that can be toggled on and off for screen notifications.

1 Like

Well…I guess you got the skinny version & I got 2 fat versions…one of my android boxes says exactly 100MB & the other 97.83MB. I’m too lazy to dig out my ole firestick with the dot on it & look at that one. Beats me what’s going on…looking at the program, I’d say 25MB would make sense…so…???

on my 4K Max it’s 96.93 MB. So close to 100 as well.

1 Like

If you have IPVantage.
Go to settings, Open Application After Connection and click VPNSafetyDot.
It will then open and turn on VPNSafetyDot every time you start the vpn.

VPNSafetyDot is 98.24MB in size.

1 Like

Mine actually changed from 2 days ago to when I checked it today…it was 98MB & change the other day & exactly 100MB today…& I cleared cache both days…weird. The 97.83 was on my ONN box. Now, I’m gonna have to dig out my firestick & see what’s on it… :thinking:

Hello, I am new and I have noticed that my VPN dot sometimes stop blinking and when i noticed it, I will immediately stop the stream and go back to my VPN which is still connected but the stopped. This has been happening enough that i wonder if anyone else has this issue. I use EXPRESS VPN and it has worked extremely well on all my devices, in fact better than IPvanish which I have used also. I wish these VPN companies also had something like the dot that was a part of the service they provide and i also use Real Debrid. Any suggestions cause the dot is set to automatically start when my NVIDIA Shield starts…

The dot stopped sorry about my typing

Express VPN has released several minor bug fixes in the last 3 weeks. The latest was an update recently. So check your app store and see if there is an update available for your OS.

2 Likes

Hey @hopp357 Also maybe dump your safety dot app & reload another one from Troy’s RAI…if it isn’t your VPN needing a minor bug fix…maybe it’s a corrupt dot app. If neither works…maybe shoot an email to the developer. GL2U :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Surfshark VPN has a safety Dot visible on screen when it’s connected.

How do you turn it on?

1 Like