VPN Recomendations

Dracoo is correct. Take my Amazon account for example, I tied my Cdn CC to my .ca account when I registered it, now I can’t load some apps that are readily available for .com accounts, as he mentioned, you may be able to access sites but playing content is a whole different ball game.

Would be kind enough to send me the full downloader address I keep getting error unknown

IP Vanish is the best VPN out there

Wow, thanks Miki! I never even thought to go looking for something like this. I have ExpressVPN and I can’t complain about performance but on a few, very rare occasions, when I went to log out, I realized my VPN had disconnected. I know that I can set it to disable all internet when it is not running but I go on frequent video conference meetings and I find that the VPN interferes with my connections so I prefer to disconnect the VPN when attending these meetings and then turning it back on when I’m finished. But now if I want to know whether my VPN has disconnected without my knowledge, I can just look for my little green dot. It’s these kinds of little tips that can be so beneficial.

In terms of Netflix access from different countries, I tried it a few times and Netflix always seemed to know I was on a VPN so I added Netflix to my split tunnel to bypass VPN. If I really want to see something from another country, I have other ways outside of Netflix to do so.

I also prefer Nord and use it on every device I have.

My 2 cents…sometimes you have to get creative, it depends on how protected you want to be and how determined you are. But you’ll take a speed hit with each step (noticeable or not).

If I want to really hide my ID, I’ll use an obfuscation connection on my router connecting to a local server, and just a straight VPN connection on my device using a server in the region I want to be seen as coming from.

Want more for websites? Use TOR browser.

Nord is pretty good at maintaining their servers and monitoring their ip’s that I’ve seen. I.E. if I can’t get XYZ app to run due to location, a change of vpn server has always fixed it for me.

Capp

P.S. Or you could lease server space in a country with a court proven no log policy and set up your own VPN ;>

I got credentials yesterday to a Korean account and logged in under them instead of my own here in the states. Sure enough, the Korean library opened up and I was able to view the Korean library without any issues. So as you said, it must be tied to where your payment is coming from.

+Both my son and I have been using IPVanish for over 2 years, have not run into any problems… recommend it highly…

Try surfshark excellent service has wireguard anti virus and competitive prices

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Vpn and safety dot help

@davies678625 Surfshark was my first and I felt it wasn’t that great so I purchased a different one and Surfshark did some major upgrades and changes and its all I use now. Especially since they went to the 10gbps routers. I have 0 buffering with them anymore. I’m a fan

2 Likes

Just switched from IPVanish to Private Internet Access. So far it’s much faster. Almost double the speed I was getting with IPVanish. Also no more disconnecting. IPVanish used to disconnect a couple times a day. Seems the servers would get overloaded and would kick you out.

Glad to hear it’s working for you if surfshark keeps improving it will soon be the number 1 VPN.keep surfing.

I switched from IPVanish to ExpressVPN and found I got way faster speeds and more stable connections. Like you I found IPV was having way to many issues.

1 Like

I recommend ExpressVPN as have several others. I have used the service for 4 years with consistently excellent connections and no buffering. It is also domiciled in a jurisdiction that is not subject to any data sharing treaty.

1 Like

I have Surfshark and do not recommend it! I cannot tunnel any of my iOS devices. I made the mistake of switching from ipVanish.

@Komobu

Alot of suggestions here.

• Ipvanish (troy discount plus unlimited connections)
  • Nord
  • Surfshark
  • Express vpn
  • Strong vpn

I think, you should personally research each one and pick one that suits your needs. Keep in mind the most basic vpn does the same as every other. The idea is to mask your ip. If you are going to pay pick the one with the best options and speeds that suit your needs.

2 Likes

You should try StrongVPN it works for most region US,UK,Mex. you have to pick a server that will let you for example US server Dallas

1 Like

Sorry @marko1965 but why do you think I need another vpn? I have IPVanish, Proton, and ExpressVPN now. I’m well covered and very familiar with the best ones. Thank you for your concern though. Have a great night.

1 Like