Vpn and safety dot help

I have IPVanish connected through Vilfo. Because of this, I can’t use vpnsafetydot. Does anyone know if I am correct in assuming that if my VPN disconnected, so would my WiFi connection via Vilfo? I’ve never lost my connection to Vilfo, unless my WiFi is down. But it always worries me that I can’t track my VPN connection any more since I began using Vilfo.

1 Like

Not sure on this one but my thought is that the VPN is after the source. When you run safety dot from the device your using, it acknowledges the connection from what ever device your using. I may have made it sound confusing and it may not be the answer. Just a shot in the dark

1 Like

Try this link to a Troy review of Vilfo alot of information there might help you out . I don’t have one so I can’t say for sure. But if anyone knows Troy or someone here does let us know how you make out. Vilfo VPN Router Review, Tips, & Tricks - Read Before Buying

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll read up and let you know.

1 Like

Makes total sense. I had great success with the safety dot when I downloaded it and used IP Vanish also downloaded on my Fire TV. But now that I subscribe to it through, Vilfo, I’d have no way of knowing if it every stops working. I’ll follow up on the info from Bigrich. I"ll also check with the team at Vilfo, They are always very responsive to questions.

1 Like

You were right! That link by Troy answered all of my questions. I now have Vilfo set up with a kill switch and to send me an email if VPN should disconnect. It also sends push notifications which is what I am sure I need and will also figure out with more reading. I was so proud of myself for getting Vilfo up and running a few years ago, I forgot that Troy had provided so much more information in his review. Thanks for sending me the link @Bigrich

4 Likes