VPN not working on ANDROID BOX

Okay had CYBERGHOST working. Had to change my router now Cyberghost and tried NORDVpn both only allow 5mbps where the device gets me normally 88-90 mbps. Called service provider they are not blocking the VPN. Not sure if it is my ANDROID as it is operating on 9. It is unrooted. Can not add VPN to ARRIS router. Since, have purchased ALLDEBRID so the IP does not show. I am upset because just renewed REAL DEBRID. What I noted when it was racing with WIREGUARD using the ethernet 8K found it seemed to register almost an ipv6 address when it worked but now only the ipv4 which does the max of 8mbps…Very puzzling?

most vpn’s block ipv6 as it gives up info on you, so ipv4 most often is used. With arris not supporting the vpn I would use the vpn app on the android instead of router. Make sure router speeds are good then setup vpn device.

Thanks for the response. I understood that about ipv6 but when it was working on my android with cyberghost it was showing an ipv6 address now just the MAC address and only as I said 8 mbp. Can not watch a thing on it. Any insight on ALLDEBRID. I am thinking I need a totally new Android device

1 Like

are you using wireguard?

Tried every protocol changed passwords on all accounts still 8

You know anything about ALLDebrid

not really, but I doubt thats the issue.

With no VPN everything is normal. Think it is the device. It is 2019 age and I unrooted it when I was learning how to use an android box. Lots of hits and epic misses. Well thanks anyway

personally it sounds as if its a vpn issue and not a debrid issue. You say its fine without the vpn?..that leads me to the vpn as the issue.

Yeah contacted the company they told me the basics…And no matter what I did still the same thing and with both Cyberghost and Nord VPN

It is 1/3 less the speed on my desktop and as stated 1/9 on the Android Box. I have an iPhone as well and it jumps on it showing double VPN connections. So yeah think it is the android. Thought about factory reset as I did A NETWORK RESET still

And no it is not the Real Debrid issue for sure.

Are you wired or wireless with the android?

Tried both and about the same result.

Ethernet is generally faster. Maybe a virus on the device I have not found as in Malware?

In the android settings under network & Internet does it show link speed? Check that, also make sure no proxy is set and ip should be dhcp.

I have DEFSQUID checking speeds and yeah know to have no settings as in make sure dhcp as I also tried static to use the VPN servers of NORD and also CLOUDFLARE DNS. Nothing

and the posted link speed was?

Are you referring to the internet speed which is snail slow and will not play a single link, 5-8mbps does not play anything. I am using Weyd and syncler which just streaming and each link has it’s own bit rate. Maybe i am not understanding. Also I am using wolf launcher

in android settings. as stated above. What do you see. Defsquid by the way causes more issues than it fixes and I really dont care what it says as It cant be trusted,