VPN blocking Tivimate

Tivimate works great with Nord vpn!

1 Like

Had the same issue.
The fix is to disconnect IPV and open Tivimate.
Go to settings and EPG.
Make sure it is loaded.
If loading (spinning) wait and let load.
Make sure the msg at bottom states successfully updated
Your video should come back on.
When it does, exit Tivimate.
Connect IPV and launch Tivimate.
Should work

3 Likes

Since you have Nord. If you have USTVGO, or USTV 247 could you test out how Nord interacts with one of those apps. The dev are saying you have to Nord to be able to watch channels. I think theyā€™re full of BS, but who knows. A lot of people are saying they canā€™t get any channels to load. I used the freebie Proton an d I did get all channels to load, but the ones that required a vpn did load for me but buffered a whole bunch. My speed is around 940 Mbps without a vpn. When I activate Proton I drop all the way down to about 35Mbps.

Anyway, if you have the USTVGO app Iā€™d appreciate it if you would check it out.

Thanks,

I think expressvpn is secretly blocking my iptv service. I use tivimate with my iptv service along with Pluto.My iptv service will throttle are not load channels except from the Pluto playlist. When I turn off the vpn, my iptv service will come in. I canā€™t/wonā€™t use my iptv service without a vpn. Of course Expressvpn denies this.

1 Like

I have ran into this issue. Usually, it only happens when im streaming from another app (cinema) than return to tivimate. At this point tivimate will not connect. I either have to restart vpn or switch server. Dont know why this happens.

1 Like

This is interesting. Iā€™ve spent 3 days and about 26 hours going through Tivimate and learning how to use it and where to find the various options. Now while it has more options than a pimped out Caddy it simply does not connect to, and play, streams smoothly. One thing I had not considered is that it might not play well with an active vpn. I jumped in an bought the premium lifetime option for just over 33 cdn. Presently itā€™s been a waste of money for me. Yes Iā€™m only testing free sources like Pluto, Plex, SamsungTVPlus, stirr, github playlists, and so on, but not one of them plays smoothly. Not one. Every single source/channel Iā€™ve ever tried buffers like mad, to the point if being useless. As mentioned there are a very wide range of options, an amazing amount really, but all that fluff and no substance?? I even tried an external player like MX Player Pro to no avail. I imagine, of course, a paid IPTV service would work well with Tivimate, but if it canā€™t play live channels without buffering what good is it. Remember the pimped out caddy? Why put a 2 cylinder motor in it? I know many of you like this app, but Iā€™m not a fluff n stuff kinda guy. The difference between using this app, compared to my usual way, is like day and night. I use Ola TV with KShaw and ludio, and doing a test and hooking up to the exact same channels, in the same city, with my vpn on I can play it without buffering using the Ola trifector, with Tivimate I simply canā€™t. Iā€™m not about to get a paid IPTV service just to use an app full of eye candy.

@Miki

Using tivimate with a paid service probably will net you a different experience.

I have used like 7 trials with it and didnā€™t have any of those issues. Iā€™m not saying you are wrong but if may be the free content.

You can try iptv smarters. Itā€™s free. I have a formuler box and mytvonline2 is also a fantastic player.

1 Like

I know it may be, and certainly will be, different with a paid service, but then why pay for Tivimate? Identical sources/stations and one app plays them and the other doesnā€™t? Certainly not paying for a service just to get an app to work. Think Iā€™ll give the free Perfect Player a go and see how it stacks up against Tivi

Mytvonline2 Aka IMPLAYER

@Miki

I understand. And thatā€™s a good idea keep trying different players and use the best option for you.

You could have tested out tivimate without buying. But at least itā€™s a lifetime.

2 Likes

Should have done the free one week trial with Tivimate, and waited until your stick arrived. So that you could test everything at the same time for no cost.

Personally, I do not experience the issues you seem to be experiencing using Tivimate. I too, have several paid and free iptv services installed on my Tivimate and 90% of them work fine.

I just now tested out about a dozen or so channels all from the free iptv urls and 8 out of the 9 worked just fine. The nice thing about free is you lose nothing. If they start to fail, I just delete them and try another, and that is what I am about to do with #9! lol I may waste time trying to cajole a paid service, but a freebie gets the boot without much hesitation. lol

1 Like

Well I have done a thorough test on Tivimate my friend and for me itā€™s absolute garbage. This morning I tested two more IPTV apps and loaded U.S. Canada and Pluto onto the app of my choice and every single channel plays without buffering. The app I settled on is ā€œLive Channelsā€ and itā€™s companion app ā€œTVirlā€. TVirl is where you add your m3u playlists and ā€œLive Channelsā€ is the agregator that auto scans your device for live channels and provides you the option to add them to the app.
techdoctoruk.com>hamburger>tutorials>scroll down until you find the live channels link and click on it then watch the video. Worked first time for me. Even provides PIP. Now to find all the settings. Waaaay better imho.

I have had the Live Channels installed for many years. Itā€™s a good app, but so far the only channels it will scrape from are Pluto and Xumo. I have never found any other app that is compatible for Live TV to scrape from.

2 Likes

TVirl:::install it, add your m3u playlist and they get added onto the playlist in Live Channels. I used the pluto url you provided works perfect for me and it plays all the channels Tivimate wonā€™t, or that buffer like mad. I canā€™t address the apps not scraping for you as I donā€™t have any installed other than Ola and it didnā€™t find any of those channels or it would have probably taken hours lol.

2 Likes

Does Live Channel scrape Ola?

thatā€™s the only issue I have with Live Channel. It seems to only scrape from 2 apps that I already have. As far as I am concerned, if that is all Live Channel can do. I can just as easily click on my Pluto or Xumo app to view the exact same thing.

Donā€™t need to add any playlist to Live Channel as long as I have Tivimate. Besides, why would I want to? Either Live Channel scrapes my 24 apps, or why use it. In fact, I have had that app for years and rarely ever use it.

1 Like

I mentioned above that it doesnā€™t find the Ola channels. It would be a nightmare if ut did with so many duplicates.Well I just found Live Channels and used it and TVirl together and now using the free m3u playlists I can actually see what itā€™s like to watch a live stream without buffering. Loaded the pluto Url in TVirl, with that I get a fully operable epg and thatā€™s cool. Tivimate was a nightmare with constant buffering. Now IPTV is actually enjoyable and thus rivals the quality of Ola. Missing a few things like ā€œsearchā€. But now I have the usual 100+ stations I watch loaded and can actually watch them. As I mentioned in another post, what works for one may be an epic fail for another. Itā€™s the nature of the beast and what keeps us all testing this stuff.

1 Like

Different countries, different isp providers, different devices and equipment, different connections, and different strength in wifiā€¦

I run on average about 940 Mbps . Even when I rarely activate a VPN. I still run in the neighborhood of 600-700 Mbps.

Therefore, when someone someone pists issues concerning their iptv, appos, etc buffering, or other issues. I am somewhat reluctant to offer any advice, because if they are running 30-50 Mbps without a VPN. Then their experience and issues will be nothing like mine.

So when I have an issue. I know it has nothing to do with download speed, devices, or equipment. Even if Concrap throttles me all the way down to 440 Mbps is waaaay more than I need!

i jus smh when all these IPTV services tell you to clear cache, force close, and reboot everything; including you grandmother! lol When i read a personā€™s post about an issue and they state they have 35 Mbps down. I quit reading. That low of a speed can be affected by a flock snowbirds flying over your house!

Most of these iptv services that give up that lame advice are only trying to placate the subā€™s simplistic understanding.

My advice; buy speed, buy quality, and buy into RESEARCH!

Concrap GiG speed
Nvidia Pro with over 500Mb storage
Ethernet net connection
Netgear modem and router
Clear cache on start up
Restart device daily
Reboot all device weekly

A job is always easier when you have the right tools!

2 Likes

Same with me. I have absolutely no issues with my speed. With a properly configured VPN my download speeds are around 105 Mbs. So when it comes to buffering I often have no idea what others are experienceling when it comes to stream issues. Iā€™ve spent countless hours finding the Sweet Spot. So when I get an app that does not work as advertised and boasted up by others, I am shocked. With Tivimate I simply wasted my money and will move on.

2 Likes

i seriously doubt that your negative experiences have anything to do with Tivimate. I use Tivimate daily and experience absolutely no issues when using the player.

if I have a buffering issue then after I have done the rudimentary checks. My suspicion is then directed at the source of the the streaming site.

This is why I tell people to check a quality appā€™s stream such as Pluto, peacock, Prime, etcā€¦ if these apps are not buffering. Then most likely it has nothing to do with your setup, and everything to do with you iptv service.

A lot of these iptv services get too greedy and bite off more than they can chew by overloading their servers with a lot of subs. This is EXACTLY what just happened with an iptv service that was anxiously taking on abandoned JC Media/ Sprtz/ Secret Service clients!

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming precisely what Iā€™m saying. Identical channels in identical towns, on exactly the same device buffer like mad in Tivimate and donā€™t in two other apps. So with my setup and work and of course limited knowledge or experience my conclusion is, and wonā€™t change is thatTivimate does not work for me and with 3 days of testing around 26 hrs total I donā€™t come to that conclusion lightly. Congrats you like and enjoy the app, and it works for you. But you wonā€™t ever change my opinion that itā€™s an app that does not work for me while others do. So why would I stick with an app that gives me constant buffering when I gave ones that donā€™t? Iā€™m moving on.

1 Like